FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
110 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello, I have a RUTX11. Its WAN port is getting an IP from my providers router and it is 192.168.66.196. The LAN IP of the TELTONIKA is in the 192.168.1.x/24. How can I access the TELTONIKA GUI remotely? My provider gives me a static WAN IP.

Thank you

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

There are a few ways to deal with this situation:

• Bypass the ISP provided router completely
    • This would allow your RUTX11 to receive the public IP from the ISP directly, and thus would be accessible from the WAN (if remote access is enabled)
    • If your ISP requires their router to be used, you could try to set the MAC address of the ISP provided router on your RUTX11 WAN insterface.
  • Setup DMZ/Port forwarding
    • In this case, the RUTX11 would still get the private IP address from the ISP router, however, it could be reached from the WAN via specified port.
  • Setup the ISP provided router in bridge mode
    • While this is not supported by all routers, it would make the ISP router act as an unmanaged switch, simply giving out the address it's uplink router provides. This way RUTX11 would receive the public IP.
Hope this helps!
Best regards,
DaumantasG