FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
251 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I've changed the primary SIM on a RUT 950. Since i've done this the device fails to connect to RMS.

The router is working, because the CCTV is on line and i can remotely access a PC using Zoho Remote.

I can also confirm that the new Primary SIM is in use.

I have rebooted the router several times + it will have been powered down overnight.

I did the same SIM swap on a test device in the office and it just worked, after a reboot.

Any ideas appriciated. It located 60 miles away in a field so really don't want to have to visit it.
by anonymous
Did changing the SIM also change any mobile network conditions? Did you end up behind a CG-NAT? Some mobile network operators assign different types of IP addresses based on the mac address of the device, which might explain why you could have different results depending on the device the SIM card is in. I have never used RMS, does it require a public IP address?
by anonymous
Hi. Yes the network changed from Vodafone to O2 on the primary connection. There is a second SIM on the EE network for failover, but that did'nt change. I can see that the O2 sim is in use by the ip address, as i can connect to a PC behind the router using Zoho Remote. The only thing that does'nt work is the Teltonica RMS which shows the device as offline. Not sure if RMS requires a public ip, i assume not, as my test teltonica device worked fine.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Looks like the undelying issue is that the RUT 950 has lost its Serial number settings, so is not communicating with the RMS. There are a few articles which suggest the only way forward is a factory reset, which would be an Epic fail by Teltonika, if I factory reset, I'm not sure I will be able to access it remotely.