FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
151 views 6 comments
by anonymous

we have an issue on one of our RUT955's deployed on a train.   We lost connectivity to it so had to go to site.    On accessing we found that the device was not displaying a Serial number, Hardware Revision, Batch Number and Product Code was unknown.

We did a factory reset on it, but will no longer boot.

Has anyone come across this and how did you resolve it.

UPDATE on another RUT955 purchased same time as above.

Its displaying the same symptoms and not showing:

• Serial Number
  • Batch Number
  • Product Code
  • Hardware Revision
  • MAC Addresses
I am now very concerned that another few purchased at the same time, and like these two lost connectivity via RMS, are going to be in the same situation.

Any feedback on solutions and reasons why from Teltonika would be appreciated.
Thanks
by anonymous
How long will it take support to react to this, I now have approx 6 devices where the upgrade has wiped the Serial Number, Hardware Revision, Product Code, etc etc

If anyone can help it would be appreciate or these are just going straight back to the supplier as fault.

Thanks
by anonymous
Hi,

Ran the command exactly as you indicated.   Once completed we can get in the WebGUI, and we can now see that the MAC addresses are there, but still no "Serial Number" or "Model" details.

Is there anything further we can do as this one is a fairly urgent one, the others we can do in slow time, but this one is going to cause us a major issue.

We can give you access to the guy I have been working with who has it connected to his laptop and can allow you remote access.

very much appreciate your help
by anonymous
Please send the serial of the device and let's remote.

Best regards,

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

One of your device's internal files got corrupted and requires a restore. For that we would need to arrange a remote via AnyDesk or TeamViewer.

I would also need you to provide serial numbers of the affected devices.

Best regards,
by anonymous
Ok I will need to arrange swapouts with the users in order to get the devices back to myself and then you will be able to remote in.   Due to the locations these are used in, we could not allow remote connectivity to them.

Let me pull them together and I will give you a shout, UNLESS, you can write a small how-to and I could possibly do it??

Thanks
by anonymous

Due to internal policies, I would like to do this recovery myself.

Additional request, if possible, would be downgrade devices to 6.09.2 firmware version. Since WebUI is most likely inaccessible, this would have to be done via SSH, first by uploading firmware file using SCP/WinSCP to /tmp directory, then using the command 

• sysupgrade -F /tmp/RUT9XX_R_00.06.09.2_WEBUI.bin

In order to skip firmware checksum validations and update.

Best regards,

by anonymous
would you be available this afternoon to remote in if the cmd you gave doesnt work?    A colleague of mine has the router setup and could provide access to you.