FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
986 views 3 comments
by anonymous
hi everyone

Is it possible to have 2 sims from 2 different operators work at the same time on routers that support 2 sims to keeping the connection stable and constant w/o interruption?

is it also possible to set the router on a main sim and in case of no or poor network switch to the second sim and vice versa automatically?

and which routers support all these functions?

thank you

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

For two SIM cards to work simultaneously, the device needs to have 2 mobile modules. Currently, RUTX12 is the only device that has 2 modules and can use 2 SIM cards at the same time. Other devices that have 2 SIM cards (for example, RUT955, RUTX11, etc) have only one modem. This means that only 1 SIM card is active at once. The modem can switch and start using a different SIM card, but only one SIM card can be active at a time.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

Best answer
by anonymous
recapping:

RUTX50: 5g, 4g cat 20, dual sim but only 1 sim active

RUTX12: 4g cat 6, dual sim with 2 modules for work with 2 sim cards at the same time

right?
by anonymous
Hi,

Yes. You are correct.

Currently, RUTX12 is the one device with 2 modules and can work with 2 sim cards at the same time.

Kind Regards,

Andzej
by anonymous
thank you a lot

is it possible to add the 2 connections into one?

I'll explain

if I use 2 sims cards from different operators, is it to convey the sum of the 2 bands in a single point?

I seem to see the traffic generated by one sim only and the sim2 not

in the logs, I also notice a continuous disconnection of the sim2 (secondary modem) every 15 minutes

if the answer is yes, how can i do it?