FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
614 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I'm new at teltonika routers. I have RUT240 and I want to foward port 502 (or any other port). The SIM card is inserted, I configured APN, and have internet connection. As you see on picture I fowarded port 502 from device 192.168.2.133, but when i check "if my port is Open", It says thats closed.

When I connect my device (192.168.2.133) on other brand router, port fowarding works.
by anonymous

Hi,

It seems like you are using legacy firmware. Is there a reason why you are not using the latest firmware version?

You have configured port-forwarding, so the traffic is forwarded to the device in LAN. This port is not open on the device itself.

Please, install TCP dump and check if you are receiving packets on port 502. To do so, connect to your device via CLI/SSH and execute the following commands:

• opkg update
  • opkg install tcpdump
  • tcpdump port 502

Next, try to generate some traffic on that port (or simply check if port 502 is open on the device via the same web application you have used before, this should generate some packets). Do you see packets coming?

If you are still having problems, please, generate a troubleshoot file and attach it to your question. Troubleshoot file can be downloaded from System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,
thank you for your question.
For Port Forwarding configuration please check out article that explains detail: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Firewall#Port_Forwards

I don't see your picture, so please edit post and attach it one more time. This can be helpfull.
Navigate to Network -> Firewall -> Port Forwards and share screen with configured Policy. This will be informative.

Below I attach you something as Example that may be clue for you, based on latest RutOS 07.03,
External IP address should be your public WAN -> I have reconfigured my RUT to different mode, so it's any.
External port 502, in your case.
Internal IP address can be anything (I just typed as exampe 192.168.1.66), but in your case, it should be 192.168.2.133.

Kind Regards,

Robert.

by anonymous

Thank you for your answers.

First thing I done was updating firmware to version 07.03.4. Then i tired to do 2 things.

First one was setup of port fowarding as in picuture below:

Then I checked if port is open, but it was closed.

After that i configure DMZ for IP 192.168.2.133

After that, checked again - but CLOSED.

One thing confusing me.

On WAN status below, mobile IP shown is  10.234.72.xxx but on when I check on Google my ip shows different: 212.39.104.xx ?? Should it be the same ?? 

Thank for your answers.

by anonymous

Hi,

I believe the issue is not with port forwarding, but rather, with the fact that your device has a private IP address. 'Whatismyip' shows you the NATed IP address, but your device has a private IP address (starts with 10.x.x.x). Usually, to get a public IP address on SIM, you need to set a specific APN. This is assuming your SIM provider has one. I recommend contacting your SIM provider and asking if they have an APN for public IP address. Then you can set the APN they gave you on the device. This can be done by navigating to Network -> Interfaces -> Edit mobile interface (mob1s1a1) -> Turn off auto APN and set a custom APN to the one obtained from the provider.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous

It seems that you have answered to yourself first question.

"On WAN status below, mobile IP shown is  10.234.72.xxx but on when I check on Google my ip shows different: 212.39.104.xx ?? Should it be the same ?? "

Your Provider assigns your RUT240 mobile interface mob1s1a1 private IP address space pool from RFC1918, meaning it's not routable directly and visible in Internet. So, generally speaking, Provider is doing NAT Translation from your private IP address into public IP address in their own network or their gateway router.

In that case, your Port Forwarding rule will not work, at all.
You need to have assigned public IP addresss directly to your RUT240 or ask Provider to option to reconfigure it, if possible.
Not sure if your Provider can set such forwarding as D-NAT for this specific public IP address to your device, I guess not, because probably it's utilitized by many users and translated for large group of people in their network. But it's worth to try speak to them.

Alternatively, you may plug-in other cable Internet connection to wan port and see if your Port Forward rule will work, using different Provider.