FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
376 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Hi, im currently having huge issues in order to connect my routers as mesh, both Teltonika, RUTX12, and RUT240, currently. I follow the instructions provided in wiki Teltonika step by step, but I don't get any success on it. I am currently starting to think that this devices are overly complicated to use because even the instructions doesn't seem to work. I would like to add that I also try to configure them both as wan (RUT240 receiver) and it was utterly complicated, I had to reconfigure the device several but several times, at the end I could configure it, but still really complicated and I don't even know it was properly set up. Please help urgently to have this clear, to see if is easy to use it also or otherwise find another solution soon since I don't have much time to have that working. Thanks in advance.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

For mesh network to connect, mesh gateway and mesh nodes must operate in the same frequency channel. By default RUT devices use auto channel so I'd suggest to manually set all devices to same channel e.g. channel 11. 

Channel can be set in Network -> Wireless -> edit -> Operating frequency: 

If mesh network still won't connect then please upload troubleshoot files from your devices so I could review configuration. Troubleshoot can be downloaded from System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot. 

Best regards,

Martynas

by anonymous
Hi, is working now, but I have an issue with RMS (problem with host name), need to fix this, thanks in advance. Only says online when cellular connection resumes, but I still have internet when this signal gets lose.
by anonymous

Hi, could you check Network -> Interface -> LAN -> Advanced settings, maybe Use default gateway flag is unset and device has no default route to route packets to internet. 

If that's not the case then please upload troubleshoot file so I could review your config.

by anonymous
Default gateway and broadcast flag? Both activate? Also I don’t know if this is working properly, but when the gateway router I don’t have any internet not with modem, but I’m not sure because the signal is too weak, can you corroborate that to me if I should expect that?

Thanks.
by anonymous
Default gateway flag should be enough. If your mesh network doesn't have internet connectivity then what I suspect sis happening is that RUT tries to send traffic via higher metric default gateway(in this case LAN interface has higher priority metric) instead of sending it through mobile.

Could you provide troubleshoot so I could identify exact issue?
by anonymous
the are two different options to activate so which one or both? I am going to attach you the troubleshoot, but I need to have internet when the mesh doesn't have and of course when the mesh has, and not having problems with RMS, I tested really shortly the configuration you sent me and it says that LAN was down never went up, thankfully RMS still had connectivity through the modem, but when mesh is down it doesn't has internet. Thanks in advance.
by anonymous
Activate "Use default gateway". If possible download troubleshoot when you'll reproduce issue where mesh network is down, mobile is active but there's no internet connection.
by anonymous
Hi I was on vacay, okay let me try during the week, the problem is when gateway router is down but node has its own SIM an active internet.