FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
182 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I have a simple setup atm:

Mobile Wan -> Rut950 (local ip x.x.x.7 )-> a device (local ip x.x.x.1)

When I create the vpn hub and route to the .1 device following the instructions all seems to be ok. Once connected to the vpn I can ping my device but I cannot connect to it. Am I missing some firewall setting? The device is normally accessible by typing in the local ip.

As a test, I also created a route to my Rut950 and tried to access it via the vpn and ip. That works perfectly.

Thx in advance.

Mike

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Does your device has any additional settings, to allow remote WebUI access, like, for instance, Teltonika devices?

Does the device behind RUT have a correct gateway configured?

Do you have LAN forwarding enabled in VPN HUB routes tab next to the client device?

Otherwise, could you attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. 

The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

In addition, could you provide your VPN HUB name and company ID/name for further investigation?

Best regards,

by anonymous
No it does not has any aditional settings. It runs a interface that I can acces through a webbrowser.

I set the gateway correct (local ip of the rut modem)

Yes I have

Will sent this via pm together with your other request.
by anonymous
Hi,

I have some extra info that maybe could help.

I changed our sim to a sim with a fixed ip, the vpn hub now works perfectly. While the original sim is a specific iot sim I was not able to connect to that device though vpn hub.

I am now in contact with the sim supplier why there is a difference. Do you guys have an idea what the difference could be?

thx,

Mike
by anonymous

Could you enquire if none of the IP addresses or ports listed in this link are blocked by your ISP?

Best regards,