FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
291 views 8 comments
by anonymous
Hi everyone

We are using TRB140 gateways and experience a problem with latest firmware version TRB1_R_00.07.03.4. The SMS rules are not being executed. The device receives and reads the SMS what I can see in "Service/Mobile Utilities/Messages" but it does not execute the rule. There is no log entry. I have proofed the functionality with older firmware versions (like TRB1_R_00.07.01.2) and it works. I have tried "No authorization" and accepted all numbers without success.

Can anyone help?

Regards, Mike
by anonymous
Hello! Same issue with Rutx11... it is a really annoying bug, especially for newbies...
I tested all the new versions without success (7.03....)
reset factory, keep settings disable..
Downgrad my system is the only way. -7..02.7
P.S: Only once, with the new firmware, I managed to get a response by recreating one of the rules (send status).. but it didn't work anymore after that.

by anonymous
Hello,

Apologies for the issues you are experiencing.

I suggest waiting for 7.4, which should be released by the end of this week, as some mobile related functionalities, likely to cause issues from 7.3.3/4, will be reworked.

If the issue persists afterwards, please upload a new troubleshoot file in your original query, or send it to me in a private message.

Best regards,

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I was not able to replicate your issue, the device responded to SMS after update via message.

Could you share the command you send to the device?

Could you login to device via SSH, execute logread -f command, then send SMS and see, if any messages are generated in the terminal regarding the event?

If you have updated firmware with Keep settings enabled, SMS not working may be due to the gap between firmware releases and possible migration issues.

I would like you to check, whether a device reset to factory default settings (login to the WebUI, navigate to System -> Backup -> Restore default settings) does solve the issue and SMS are received?

Otherwise, it would be helpful if you could provide a couple of troubleshoot files from your device:

• One with some older working firmware, generated after sending a couple of SMS to the router.
  • Another, after update via SMS to 7.03.4, also generated after sending a couple of SMS to the router. 

To generate the file, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue. Generated files can be attached by editing your original question.

Best regards,

0 votes
by anonymous
Meanwhile I have tested a couple more devices and it seems to be an issue when using an old backup file on a new firmware. I will do more tests but, basically, it works when proceeding the correct steps.

First, I have updated an already configured device to the latest firmware version 7.3.4. Then I created a backup file and restored it on a fresh device already having latest firmware version. On those devices SMS rules are executed.

Now, I have two devices not working. I have to check them since I was not able to get them executing SMS rules, even after factory reset.
by anonymous

Since the difference between 7.01.2 firmware 7.3.4 is quite significant, it is possible, that migration with keeping the same configuration will not translate properly and certain functionalities may not work properly.

In the future, I would suggest to update and upload backups only if the difference between firmware versions is no more than 2 - 3 iterations. If possible, always update with Keep settings option set to off, especially, when going between major releases (for example 7.2.x -> 7.3).

Best regards,

by anonymous
Since it basically works when following the correct steps I have tested the two erroneos devices. It seems like it is not possible to reset them. At least the SMS inbox is not being deleted which is pretty strange. Neither the reset button nor the restore factory defaults function deletes the inbox. Anything else seems to be factory default.

Is there a way to perform a "real" reset or can I switch back to an older firmware 7.02.7 which worked well?
by anonymous

The modem has its own separate storage.

The simplest way to read/send/delete messages would be by doing it via WebUI Services -> Mobile utilities -> Messages -> Read messages section.

If your preference is CLI, you may need to set message format to text with the following command:

• gsmctl -A 'AT+CMGF=1' 

Then you can list received SMS with one of the following commands:

• gsmctl -A 'AT+CMGL="REC UNREAD"'
  • gsmctl -A 'AT+CMGL="REC READ"'
  • gsmctl -A 'AT+CMGL="ALL"'

To read a specific message, you need to specify the index of the message in the following command:

• gsmctl -A 'AT+CMGR=<index>'

Replace <index> with an integer.

To delete message, use this command:

• gsmctl -A 'AT+CMGD=<index>'

Replace <index> with an integer. Several messages can be deleted by writing more index numbers separated by a comma ",".

For more details and commands you can refer to EC25 modem's AT commands manual.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hello, I would like to come back on my previous questions since there is no new firmware release yet and my questions has not been answered completely. Can I easily switch back from version 7.03.4 to version 7.02.7?

by anonymous

Hello,

Switching from 7.03.4 to version 7.02.7 will result in loss of you current device configuration

Aside from that, new firmware has just been released, you can download it from here.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Best regards,

by anonymous
The new firmware 7.04 did not resolve the issue. Then I have rolled back to firmware 7.02.7 and the SMS rules work again. I'll send troubleshoot files with both versions in a PM.