FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+14 votes
792 views 22 comments
by anonymous

Its showed unknown error, can someone advise when the system will came back on again?image

by anonymous
I have been adding new devices today and now while adding them it also asks for a password (when it asks for a name, serial number and MAC address). This is a new field 100%, there was none before. Probably there was an update to Teltonika system on the weekend which caused this issue.

P.S. The devices that I've added today are online, as usual. The ones that I've added before the weekend (which were online) are now offline.
by anonymous
Still showing half of devices offline. Unable to add devices back into RMS. Sent private msg but still no update.
by anonymous
None of our more than 50 devices are available. We have Rut955 devices with different firmware, but all of them are in down status since yesterday. The devices are showing unkown error since RMS maintenance, but in reality the devices are accessible by IP address, only the RMS interface shows them as down.
I would like your help in troubleshooting this error.
by anonymous
HI,

I continue to observe more than 50 units offline in RMS. It is currently 11:12 CET.

Regards

Rebruce
by anonymous
Hello,

Send me your RMS company ID and, if possible, device serial numbers in a private message.

Best regards,

10 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Same here, I cannot access to all the devices that are registered.
Is the service still under maintenance ?
Thank you very much.
0 votes
by anonymous
Same here!

All the best!
+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

There was a planned maintenance scheduled for RMS at 2AM to 3AM UTC time, during which the system would be fully unreachable and devices would become offline in RMS during the time of maintenance.

However, the platform encountered some server-side issues, meaning the downtime was not concluded up until 7AM UTC time.

The issues are resolved. We are conducting analysis to uncover all root causes and minimize risks for future updates.

Please let us know of any further issues that may have occurred due to the extended maintenance.

Thank you for your patience and apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best regards,
by anonymous
Hello,

we have the same problem. Since tonight around 3:00 (UTC+1), our Teltonika routers have no connection to the RMS system.
We can confirm that there is an Internet connection, because we receive current data from the routers.

We could find out that when starting the router, an SSL error message appears, where the hostname cannot be resolved. This applies to all our routers that are connected via the mobile network in Germany. Our routers in the US still work and can be reached via the RMS.

Can you help us here?
by anonymous

Thank you for your response and explanation of the extended maintenance. However, my device is still showing as offline at 10:00 (UTC), even though the maintenance was completed several hours ago. I appreciate your efforts in resolving the issue, but could you please look into why my device is still offline and provide me with an update? Thank you.

by anonymous

If you are still having connectivity issues, please send me your RMS company ID and, if possible, device serial numbers in a private message. I will have them looked at for a solution.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hi,

the same here, RUTX11 restarted, and since then, it appears to be offline and it can't be reached via RMS, but there is an Internet connection as far as we understood via the connected webcam.

Do you have a solution as the modem is located in a very difficult to access remote location?

Thanks in advance.
+2 votes
by anonymous
The same also for me. Still having issue after your maintenance with more than 10 RUT950.

They gives "Failure (Other error)" trying to connect to RMS.
by anonymous
Maybe Teltonika should put out an official notification regarding the issue currentely ongoing. even if it appeared at the top of the RMS.

I have wasted 5 hours today trying to restore connection to some of our routers and the only way I could acheive this was to issue a restore SMS command to a router and then spend time having to reconfigure or restore backups.

This is not a good use of time.
+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

unfortunately we still don't have a solution for the problem. So far we have also not received any feedback from Teltonika. We were able to reset some routers via SMS and then reconfigure them. But this does not work for all our routers by far. What is the situation with the other affected people? Did you guys find a solution to hook the routers back into the RMS? 

Best regards Jonas

by anonymous
Sent PM yesterday with details as suggested, but no good news yet, device still not connected...device is at a very remote location with no physical access during the next 4 months. As they announced the major maintenance for Feb 27th, I had already a very bad feeling...
0 votes
by anonymous
We have the same problems as mentioned before. Our router doesn't come online and throws "unknown error".

Even new routers can`t connected to the RMS.

Too bad, since we are just in the testing phase.
0 votes
by anonymous
Same problem here. Routers doesn't come online again in RMS after reboot. 95% of our devices are offline.
What's happening @Teltonika?
by anonymous
Same problem here, had issues with RMS since 27 Feb.    Would seem its a Teltonika issue but why no comms about the issue instead of everyone struggling to fathom out whats going on.

Normally great service, but this is bad for those of us who support 3rd parties and users.
0 votes
by anonymous
OK I have had this... If you delete the device from RMS, re-add it and enter the admin password when doing so then it comes back..

Ridiculous way to do it if you have a few hundred units though!
+1 vote
by anonymous
Hi,

our routers  are coming back online (in RMS that is) one by one by themselves.

The people at Teltonika seem to have solved on the problem and are "repairing"
their databases...

Regards,

Runner
+4 votes
by anonymous

Hello all,

Thank you for your patience with this situation. Below is an update on current situation:

The issue:

A number of devices have been failing to connect to RMS after the maintenance.

Current status

Fixes are being implemented in order to resolve the underlying issue. We are actively debugging the issue and searching for a full resolution.

The root cause of the issue:

Certain server-side changes were done that had an unforeseen impact on device and RMS communication.

What actions shall we take:

We shall do a thorough audit of all procedures that govern server maintenance to make sure the risk of such events is minimized in the future.

Once again, thank you for your patience and continued trust throughout this episode.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hi Zygimantas,

can you give us an estimate of when the RMS will be completely functional again?
When will devices be able to connect again?

Regards,
by anonymous
Thanks for your help, device is back on.
by anonymous
Hi Zygimantas,

I can confirm that my device has connected to the RMS.

Thank you.