FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
99 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Has anyone seen any problems with RMS recently? Our RUT240 and RUT950 units aren't connecting from our remote sites so I can't access them to even check status now. They are 100% online and working for data so they should connect..

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for your patience with this situation. Below is an update on current situation:

The issue:

A number of devices have been failing to connect to RMS after the maintenance.

Current status

Fixes are being implemented in order to resolve the underlying issue. We are actively debugging the issue and searching for a full resolution.

The root cause of the issue:

Certain server-side changes were done that had an unforeseen impact on device and RMS communication.

What actions shall we take:

We shall do a thorough audit of all procedures that govern server maintenance to make sure the risk of such events is minimized in the future.

Once again, thank you for your patience and continued trust throughout this episode.

Best regards,

by anonymous
I see that the old devices are now showing again.. However, I now can not add ANY new devices.

I note that I am now required to add the password for the device to RMS as well when adding the device. Is that supposed to be the admin password for the unit or is it a separate password? Not sure I want to add the admin passwords for all of my units to RMS though.
by anonymous

The system maintenance, which RMS underwent on 27th, was mostly due to implementing this change, which now requires every newly added device to also include its password, used for WebUI access, under condition that device has a "First login" done, i.e. default WebUI login password change must have been made.

For more details, please check the latest entry in this link.

Best regards,