FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
672 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I can't connect to the mobile network. When I try to edit the modem interface (mob1s1a1 and mob1s2a1) I get the error message "This instance can't be edited because modem is in use". I have reset the router to factory settings with no success.

Can I ask for help to solve the problem?

Device name: RUTX50
Product code: RUTX5000XXXX
Bootloader version: 1.2
Serial number: 1127530395
Hardware revision: 0202
Batch number: 0005

Firmware version: RUTX_R_00.07.03.4
Firmware build date: 2023-02-07 15:16:47
Kernel version: 5.4.221
by anonymous

It seems like your modem interface is in use, and that is why you are unable to edit it. Here are a few things you can try to solve this problem:

1. Reboot your device: Sometimes, simply rebooting the device can help fix the issue. Try restarting your RUTX50 router and see if that helps.

2. Check for firmware updates: Make sure you have the latest firmware version installed on your RUTX50 router. You can check for updates on the manufacturer's website or through the router's web interface. If there is an update available, download and install it.

3. Reset your device to default settings: You mentioned that you have already reset the router to factory settings, but it may be worth trying again. Make sure you are following the correct steps for resetting the device. After resetting, try to edit the modem interface and see if the problem persists.

4. Check for conflicts: It is possible that there may be conflicts with other devices or software on your network. Try disconnecting all other devices and see if that helps. You can also try running a virus scan on your device to make sure there are no malware or virus infections.

5. Contact manufacturer support: If none of the above steps work, it may be best to contact the manufacturer's support team for assistance. They can provide you with more specific troubleshooting steps or help you replace the device if it is defective.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the issue and get your RUTX50 router connected to the mobile network.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

It appears that the router does not see modem module as it does not het attached during the boot sequence.

This might indicate a hardware issue.

One thing that you can try is to perform device recovery via bootloader menu. For instructions refer here.

If that does not help, return the device to your reseller for warranty repair.

Best regards,