FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
97 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Dear community,

I am using a RUT240 in a mobile setup for internet access. This setup is typically powered on and then used for a few hours.

Usually, this works very well. But occasionally, the RUT240 will reboot spontaneously, dropping all clients (wired and wireless) off the network. After what seems to be a normal boot (about the same time as when switched on from cold), the connection comes back and works as well as before.

This happens unpredictably - sometimes shortly after turning on, sometimes after a few hours, sometimes it doesn´t happen in 6 or 7 hours of usage.

What I´ve tried:
- RUT240 is on a current firmware version RUT2_R_00.07.03.2 
- Mobile signal is reasonably good (RSSI -60dBm, RSRP -92dBm, RSRQ -10dBm, SINR 7), Speed when working is about 30Mbit/s down) 
- 12V Supply is clean, provided by a portable power station
(only one LED lamp (4W) sharing the line, no motors or other loads; the lamp is not flickering or anything when the reboot occurs)
- Log file does not show any errror messages, just messages about connecting to the mobile network (same as when the router is turned on)
- Configuration is standard, except local IP Address is changed to 192.168.168.1. No VPN, SMS Functions, etc. enabled
- Operating conditions are "usual" (i.e., not excessively hot, cold or humid)

Any ideas what more I could try to figure out what´s causing these issues? These reboots, even though they are infrequent, are very annoying sometimes (in the middle of a video call etc.)

Thanks in advance, brgds - tscher

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Indeed, logs on our devices are stored in RAM, thus they do not survive a reboot. If this is happening often, the storage location can be changed to Flash storage by navigating to System → Administration → Troubleshoot.

However, it should be kept in mind, that this option should not be left selected for an extended period of time, as it can cause quite a bit of Flash wear, thus the best course of action here would be to:

• Change the log storage to flash;
  • Wait for the issue to appear;
  • Once the router has rebooted, navigate to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and download the Troubleshoot file;
  • Switch the log storage location to RAM;
The troubleshoot file can be attached to the original post and will only be visible to Teltonika moderators.

If you'd like to explore the logs yourself as well, then the system logs can be found in the system.log file. The logs without a timestamp are kernel logs, while the ones with a timestamp are for the system.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

0 votes
by anonymous
Good morning,

I have switched logging to flash as suggested. This morning the reboot happened, I downloaded the file and attached as instructed. Please let me know if there is any helpful information in the log and what to do next.

brgds - tscher
by anonymous

Hello,

Indeed, it seems like something could be wrong with the device.

Could you try factory resetting the device using this procedure and installing the latest firmware?

If the behavior repeats, I'd recommend returning the device for warranty repair.

Best regards,
DaumantasG