FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
156 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I have connected all four outdoor antennas to the RUTX50 modem, but only ANT0 and ANT1 receive a mobile signal, because connecting antennas ANT2 and ANT3 does not change the Internet data speed at all. ANT2 and ANT3 are not working, so the modem does not reach its full potential and only works as mimo 2x2, not mimo 4x4.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

There are a few things that could be at play here:

• Cell tower is overloaded
    • If you're close to the cell tower, or the tower has many clients and is overloaded, it might be that the 2 remaining antennas simply make an ineligible difference. I'd recommend performing such tests at a further distance from the cell tower, as other antennas not only provide MIMO but also error correction. The difference will not be as visible at closer distances;
  • Try using higher frequency bands
    • The difference will be more apparent with frequencies, as some antennas mainly benefit 5G mid-band (n77/n78 - 3,5GHz). This is where the difference will be the most apparent.
There is also a possibility that the carrier does not support 4x4 MIMO, however, that is unlikely.
Let me know if any more information is needed!

Best regards,
DaumantasG 

by anonymous
The cell tower is about 11 kilometers away from me, but I use powerful external directional antennas raised above 10 meters. I get a very good 4G signal on the B3; B20; B28 frequency bands and normal B40. My mobile operator Bite 5G broadcasts the 2300Mhz frequency band, but it is strange that I do not receive this signal with the RUTX50 modem, because the B40 band has the same frequency. I have also tested the modem during full tower load and at a time when practically no one is using a mobile connection, but I do not get any effect after connecting the ANT2 and ANT3 additional antennas.
by anonymous
Hello,

I'll contact you via private message.

Best regards,
DaumantasG