FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
618 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Sometimes i have problem with adding new devices to RMS. They add themselves to the list but they never activate (48h+). The devices are powered and have range. However, in rms it is not possible to add them.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

There have indeed been changes to the logic of adding new devices to RMS. From now, before adding to RMS, new Teltonika device must have a "First login" done, i.e. a WebUI login and password change must have been made, as RMS will ask for the device's password before the device can be added.

The changes were implemented to enhance the platform's security. Requiring the password during device registration ensures that only the rightful owner of the device can register it to RMS.

Additionally, the "First login" requirement further increases security by preventing any third parties who may have obtained the default password through unintended means from registering the device.

For a more detailed change description, please refer here.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Unfortunately it doesn't help. Gates still not activated after the night.
by anonymous
Can you confirm that devices themselves have a stable internet connectivity?

Could you provide some serial numbers of the devices to have them looked at?

Best regards,
by anonymous

Yes i'm sure that this device (1118413156) have a stable internet connectivity. I am receiving information from this gateway, but not via RMS.

by anonymous

The newly added device does not indicate any attempts to connect to RMS. 

Do you have any chance to access device's WebUI, navigate to Services -> Cloud solutions -> RMS and tell, what is given next to their Connection state line, and also press Connect button? 

Alternatively, if device uses mobile connectivity, could you send the following couple of SMS messages: 

• <password> rms_status 
  • <password> rms_connect 

Replace <password> with the password you use to login to router's WebUI.

Best regards,

by anonymous
I tried to send texts. Unfortunately, nothing helped.

I just tried to add another device to the RMS. New, standing on my desk (1118781965). It also cannot activate in RMS. What's going on ? I entered the serial number, IMEI, password...
by anonymous
The device with the latest serial number (1118781965) should be online.

Best regards,