FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,074 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Decided i need to buy an external Antenna and can somebody advise whether this is suitable: Poynting OMNI-414 Outdoor 4G LTE/5G 4dBi Omni-Directional Marine Antenna

Wouldn't want to damage the router by connecting up an unsuitable antenna.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

The above mentioned antenna could work with RUTX50 but I would suggest for you to check Poynting's website for their recommendation. Kindly click this weblink for more information.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Janmiguel

by anonymous
Thank you so much, i had no idea this web page on Poyntings website existed.  Unfortunately, my preferred antenna is not listed, but i have emailed Poynting directly for further guidance.  It may be that its listing is omitted just because it hasn't been tried/tested, and there's no reason why it isn't compatible.
by anonymous

Hello,

Perhaps this is the listing for the antenna in question?

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Thank you to all those that have helped with this.

Thank you DaumantasG, this is the antenna I'm looking at.

I have exchanged a few emails with Poynting and the antenna I'm interested in is compatible, however they are suggesting another choice https://poynting.tech/antennas/xpol-24/?compare=5867,22055,26670  I'm considering but it's a directional antenna rather than a omni directional.

It's gain is significantly better and a tad cheaper too. I've asked further questions, awaiting a reply.
by anonymous
We have a partnership with Poynting, and they are experts at antennas, so they will definitely be able to help you out!

As for directional or omni-directional antenna choice, if the antenna will be stationary in a rural area, it would make more sense to go with a directional antenna. However, if the setup will not be stationary, omni-directional antenna may be a better option.

Best regards,

DaumantasG