FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
280 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello:

We have been using the RUT-950 with the RUT9XX_R_00.06.08.6 FW. The RUT-950 is now EOL and the latest shipment we received was NOT the RUT-950 but the RUT-951.

Our config was 'slightly' custom so it involved editing the /etc/config/ files directly(as the WebUI did not support everything we were doing). I understand from my technicians(I haven't checked myself as don't physically have a router with me) that not only is the Web UI different but the /etc/config/ directory is also different?

Is this so?

If so, is there a document to help transition us form the the TUR-950 on the 8.6FW series to the RUT-951 on its current FW?

Cheers,

John

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

There may have been changes because the firmware is constantly being worked on, which means that things within it are inevitably changing.

Unfortunately, there is no documentation available that explains every detail that has changed. Generally, the changes are documented on the firmware download page. For example, RUT950 page here. Are you experiencing difficulties in locating certain configuration files?

Please, keep in mind that RUT951 does not support legacy firmware due to the product being relatively new when compared to RUT950.

Since you were using legacy firmware, you should know that some features were removed with 07.0 firmware. You can find more information about deprecated features here.

Also, you can use UCI commands to configure the device via the command line. You can refer to the UCI command usage page here.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous
Thank you for the answer.

There is no more /etc/config/strongswan file. It appears to have been replaced with a ipsec.conf file or something like that.

How is the syntax different? Where do the keys go now?

The /etc/config/network looks to be the same so that is fine.

I just need info on how the ipsec config file(s) have changed.

Cheers,

John
by anonymous

Hi,

Of course, this will depend on what exactly is needed. You can change configurations in /etc/config/ipsec or you can directly change some Charon options in /etc/strongswan.d/charon.conf and some in /etc/strongswan.d/charon folder. Keep in mind that settings outside of IPSec settings might be quite difficult to configure. You can see what keys are used in /var/ipsec/ipsec.secrets. The keys and certificates themselves are stored in /etc/vuci-uploads and have a defined name structure.

Kind Regards,

Andzej