FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
241 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I'm struggling with setting up a stable DDNS onnection.

Setting up the DDNS service for ddnss.de and/or NOIP.COM works fine so far. The updates of the public IP seems to work.

As long I do have an open admin connection to the local management interface in a browser on any computer (via 192.168.1.1), I can reach it over the DNS name  (e.g. "example.ddns.net") from "outside" (checked via a different device/browser on a different network, so it's ensured, that access from internet to my domain name is working).

After closing the local local browser connection to the admin page, I can't access the router via "example.ddns.net" any more.

I already removed/added DDNS service via package manager without any change in behavior.

Any Ideas what I'm doing wrong?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

This indeed sounds like a very strange behaviour. Could you clarify if the IP address get's resolved when disconnected from the WebUI of the device? For example when using the command ping example.ddns.net, does it return the public IP address of the router? Do you have Remote HTTP Access enabled on the router?

I'd like you to navigate to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and generate a troubleshoot file. This file can be attached to the original question and will only be visible to Teltonika moderators. It will give me a better insight into your configuration and logs.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

0 votes
by anonymous
Updating the IP address for ddnss.de works fine, for noip.com not. But anyhow, names resolution on ddnss.de is tested positively.

On System-Administration-Troubleshoot I can ping my router via the xx.ddnss.de

I uploaded the troubleshoot file, please check.
by anonymous

Hello,

Your device has a private IP address on the mobile interface, meaning it will not be accessible over the public internet. I can see that you have an APN staticIP set, while the official APN for static IP seems to be business.gprsinternet. It seems that public IP is only available for business plans, however, you should contact your operator to find that out.

Carrier-grade NAT or CGNAT for short includes addresses between 100.64.0.0 and 100.127.255.255.

Best regards,
DaumantasG