FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
76 views 0 comments
by anonymous
I am using a RUT240 purely for mobile data in passthrough mode feeding into a pfSense box that does failover between that and a cable ISP service.

I had left pfSense doing its default availability checks on the the RUT240 mobile connection by pinging the supplied gateway IP.  This worked fine for three years and many versions of the now legacy software for the RUT240.

However I have today upgraded from v1.14.5 to v7.0.4.0 and while it generally seemed to work, pfSense reported a loss of connection for that WAN and this is because the gateway is not responding and I see the same when using a test client. This was working prior to the upgrade so isn't a general provider block, so what could have changed between releases to cause this?

For now I have changed pfSense to use an external IP (1.1.1.1) and its reporting correctly, but I've found this affects mobile data use allowance/cost with providers in the past so want to avoid that.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

For one, it might be due to incorrect migration from 1.14.5 to 7.0.4, if you have updated with Keep settings option enabled, as the difference between the firmware versions is significant.

Thus, I would like you to reset your device to factory default settings, reconfigure it and try again.

Otherwise, I would like you to provide a topology of your network, to better understand the issue. Currently, it appears that you are able to ping an internet host (1.1.1.1), but unable to ping what is referred as the supplied gateway IP. What is its place in reference to your network?

Also, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. 

The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,