FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
112 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

My RUT950 is setup through the wizard. It got all my devices connected to it through Wi-Fi. It also got the WAN configured to run through mobile and the APN is configured correctly. But when I try to surf the internet I got no access.

I have rebooted the device. I have also restored it to factory settings. After this I have updated the firmware to the latest version: RUT9_R_00.07.04

I have also tried switching SIM slots and are currently running things from slot 2. But nothing helps.

Also want to mention that I have tested the data card in my phone and there everything works.

I have added the troubleshooting file.

Thanks!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Did you update with Keep settings option enabled? Could you reset the device to factory defaults with 7.4 firmware installed?

The logs indicate that the router constantly connects to EDGE network, which is 2G. Is this intended connection type? Otherwise:

• Could you login to router's WebUI, navigate to Network -> Mobile -> General and set Network type option to 4G (LTE) only.
  • Are all of the antennas connected properly to the router?
  • What mobile signal values are displayed in Status -> Network -> Mobile page?
  • What internet speeds does your smartphone reach with the same SIM and does it connect to 4G/LTE?

Another interesting thing in your logs is the entry "Maximum number of concurrent DNS queries reached".

• Could you check if you have any devices in your network, which could be generating numerous DNS queries? Status -> Realtime data -> Connections in router's WebUI, might help to indicate some host generating UDP packets to some destination IP, specifically on port 53
  • Alternatively, you can increase the maximum number of concurrent queries. First, login to the router via SSH, and execute the following couple of the commands:
    • uci set dhcp.@dnsmasq[-1].dnsforwardmax='10000'
    • uci commit
    • /etc/init.d/dhcp restart

See if any of the above helps.

Best regards,