FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
308 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi from New Zealand.

I have a RUTX11 operating in a remote location. The current RMS service period does not end for another 7 days but the "data remaining" has reached zero and I cannot currently access the RUTX11.

If I go into "Manage Services" I see that the Service, Monitoring, and Auto-Extend switches are all set to "on". The Service switch cannot be toggled.

I have credits that I would like to use to regain the RMS service right away. I don't have any packs remaining, and don't know how to get them anyway.

Thanks for your help,

John.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

To use RMS connect and RMS VPN Hubs services, you need to have RMS data available. You can exchange RMS credits to RMS data if you have credits available. You can find the remaining data by navigating to Administration -> Companies in your RMS dashboardTo exchange credits to RMS data navigate to Administration -> Companies. Click on the arrow down icon where the 'add' button is and select 'add data'. There, you will be able to select your company and how many credits you would like to exchange for RMS data.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous
Hi Andzej,

Thanks for your helpful answer. I have now successfully added 2Gb of RMS data to the company (and my number of credits has decreased accordingly) but the device in question still shows up as having zero data remaining.

Is there another step I need to take to allocate data to that device specifically? (It is showing up as "offline" in RMS; is this part of the problem I'm having with allocating it data?)

Incidentally, the mobile company has checked that the SIM card is visible from their end and has data, so the issue I'm having with the device being offline seems to either be with the modem itself or the monitoring data available.

Thanks,

John.
by anonymous
Hi,

Does RMS show that the device is offline in RMS? Assuming monitoring is enabled in RMS and on the device, then your device should be online. Of course, if it has internet connectivity and you have credits available.

Could you try to unregister the device from RMS and add it back again?

When it comes to RMS data, the 'remaining company data' is used for all devices within the company. The data next to each device is what is available for that specific device. This basically refers to data packs. Hence, if you have company data available and the device is within your company, the device should be able to use company data even if the data field shows no remaining data for that specific device. I hope this clears things up.

Kind Regards,

Andzej