FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
193 views 8 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I used the rs232 over Ip on several RUT955 on version 6.xx and have no problems with it.

i manage to configure a RUT955 on version 7.xx but it seems impossible to made it work on a RUT 956.

the configurations on the RUT 956 and the RUT955 are the same.

i can see that the device connected to the rs232 port of the rut receive the commands and send the responses.

i can see the responses in the RUT if i do a cat on /dev/rs233.

the IP connection passes throughan ipsec tunnel.

if i put a wireshark on the PC at the end of the tunnel i only see the commands emit to the RUT and no answer;

The configuration of the port is serial type over IP, Protocol UDP, Mode server, raw mode on. I had on the wan interface the Ip of my PC.

Is this a known issue and is there a solution?

kind regards

Michel

here is the troubleshoot file of the rut956 and a topology of my network

new toubleshoot file
by anonymous
Hello,

With the version 7.3.4 it works better. We receive data on the ip side  but the bytes inside the frame are mixed up.

All bytes are present but some are not in the correct order.

Best regards
by anonymous

There appears to have been an issue on 7.3.4 as well. Please try 7.04 version.

Best regards,

by anonymous
the 7.04 version has the same effects of the 7.3.4, the bytes are misplaced.

Best regards
by anonymous

Does the cat /dev/rs232 command read correct data?

Could you try adding a 10ms value to Serial device read time in Services -> Serial utilities -> Over IP settings?

Would it be possible to get a troubleshoot file from current firmware as well as a screenshot, where it would be visible incorrect data reception, and how it actually should be forwarded.

Maybe a comparison between the same data byte order in RUT955 with version 6 and RUT956 with firmware 7.04 could be provided?

Lastly, does the configuration of rs232 over IP match the settings of your equipment: 

• baud rate: 9600
  • data bits: 7
  • parity: even
  • stop bits: 1

Best regards,

by anonymous

yes the cat /dev/rs232 read correct datas.

the serial port configuration is the same in the RUT956 and in my equipement.

adding a 10ms value  to Serial device read time in Services -> Serial utilities -> Over IP settings permit to receive correct datas permit to receive correct frames. 

by anonymous

Could you clarify, if increasing Serial device read time solves the issue?

by anonymous
yes setting 10ms in serial device read time solve the issue

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

To better understand your situation, I would like you to provide a picture with a topology of your network.

Next, if possible, please provide troubleshoot files from both, RUT955 and RUT956 devices. To generate the files, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot page and download troubleshoot files from there. Attach them by editing your original question.

The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Attached files are private and visible only to Teltonika Moderators.

Best regards,

by anonymous

I have replicated majority of your configuration, which is correct, but for some reason, I was unable to make it work as well.

However, I have updated the firmware to 7.03.4, and reconfiguring exact same settings did forward data.

Thus, my suggestion is to update your device to 7.03.4 with Keep settings option disabled, reconfigure it and try again.

Best regards,