FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
320 views 5 comments
by anonymous

Hello!
I have a RUT955 and upgraded to latest firmware RUT9_R_00.07.04. After this, the router loses mobile connection. LED indication switches between red, green and orange. Spent several hours on this problem now. We have other RUT950/955 where everything works great but there we have another firmware RUT9_R_00.07.00. The issue was currently resolved by downgrading to RUT9_R_00.07.00.

This doesn't feel OK, is RUT9_R_00.07.04 really stable?

/Mikael

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like you to update your device to 7.04 with Keep settings set to off and attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. 

The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Attached files are private and visible only to Teltonika Moderators.

Best regards,

by anonymous
I already wrote to you about this problem, this is due to the fact that the processor load is 100% and wi-fi periodically disappears and LTE module.
by anonymous

The original question does not mention WiFI. 

Besides, the issue is not replicable, thus device specific details are necessary for further investigation in the form of a troubleshoot file.

For a more accurate CPU load estimation, I would suggest using a preinstalled CLI/SSH tool top or install another application called htop

Having tried them, I have noticed that fluctuations in CPU load were quite significant at different instances of time, even in short intervals, thus, I would assume that the difference in results is simply a mismatch of data sampling. 

Unless the device gets really warm, which is an indication of heavy load, there should be no issue. Some testing indicates that even at temperatures above 75 degrees Celsius the device provided reliable mobile connection.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hello again!

Sorry but been a bit of troubleshooting on and off for the last month. Trying to explain the problem below.

Not sure if I managed to upload the troubleshoot file, please verify if it was successful.

1/ My customer informed me that they had ordered a fixed IP address.

2/ That was not the case, but it was a mobile broadband subscription without a public IP, i.e. the router got a new IP address frequently.

3/ Now we have a fixed IP address and this verified by the operator.

4/ We have set the APN according to the operator's instructions.

5/ Still problem RUT955 has contact with the Internet between 2-6 hours and then shuts down. We power down the router so it starts up, then OK again for 2-6 hours.

6/ Right now I have installed another RUT950 with the same firmware RUT9_R_00.07.04 so that the customer can access their web server. Works very well (so far).

Best regards / Michael

by anonymous

Hello,

The file is not attached. Could you send it in a private message?

To workaround the disconnects, you could try to configure periodic pings to some remote host for connection health checks and automatically reboot only router's modem in case of disconnect. To do this, login to router's WebUI, navigate to Services -> Auto reboot -> Ping/Wget reboot. Create a new or edit existing default instance, enable it, set Action if no echo is received to Modem reboot, adjust other settings, if needed, otherwise, leave default values. 

See if that helps.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hi!

Just send you the troubleshoot file in a private message.

/Michael