FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
247 views 6 comments
by anonymous

Hi

RUTX11 has been working well with Crucial 4TB USB as shared network drive since early February. 

I upgraded to RUTX_R_00.07.04 two days ago and the RUTX11 no longer mounted the USB drive. I tried reboot, removing the drive and plugging it back in without success. The USB drive was then plugged directly into a Windows 11 PC and ran disk check, no errors and Drive works properly in Windows. 

I then regressed to FW RUTX_R_00.07.03.3, however, no change in behaviour. 

The only reason I upgraded the FW is the RUTX11 crashed (no WIFI or Ethernet connectivity, no log entries Re crash, had to do hard power reboot each time) 3 times in the preceding days. 

Looking for help as to how solve above USB mounting issue as I’m starting to think there may be a hardware problem with the RUTX11.

Thanks,

Michael

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

It would be helpful, if you would attach a troubleshoot file from the device to your question. 

Please, replicate the issue, by updating the router to 7.4 with Keep settings option disabled, connect your USB drive, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. 

The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hi

I have followed your instructions and upgraded to 7.4

Troubleshoot file

After the upgrade to 7.4, RUTX11 still doesn't mount the Crucial X6 4TB USB drive.  Can mount it in Wondows 11 without issues.

I tried plugging in a much smaller USB drive (250Gb) and it was mounted by the RUTX11.  The 4TB USB drive used to be mounted but stopped being mounted after the 7.4 upgrade.

Thanks in advance

by anonymous

Hello, 

Does your USB - HDD appear in Services > USB Tools > General page?

There was a change since 7.3 and now, if you want to write data to your HDD, it has to be formatted to exFAT filesystem. 

You can actually do it from the router Services -> USB tools -> Network shares -> Format USB tab, but this will delete all the files within the drive. 

Alternatively, you can backup the files and reformat the drive on your PC. On windows, you can use Disk management application: https://allthings.how/how-to-open-disk-management-in-windows-11/. See if that helps. 

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hi

If only the exFAT file system is supported, why does the RUTX11 mount the smaller USB drive which is also formatted as NTFS and it does appear in Services > USB Tools > General page?

The 4TB drive I’m trying to to mount is formatted NTFS. 

by anonymous
Basically, the size of your HDD is too large for current architecture. Maximum supported size is 2TiB.

Best regards,
by anonymous
So are you saying that even if I reformat the 4TB drive as exFAT, it still wont work?
by anonymous

The limit applies to NTFS. 

Reformatting to exFAT was also suggested here, and appears to have solved the issue.

Best regards,