FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
605 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I've followed your tutorial : https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RMS_VPN_Hubs#LAN_to_LAN_communication. At the step "Modifiying Firewall Zones" see attached picture for both RUT240, when I edit the "Allow forward to destination zones" then it "save & apply", the error message appears as follows " Failed to edit configuration".

The current setup is two (2) RUT240 routers connected to the RMS VPN hub exactly like the tutorial. Behind each RUT240 routers there's a Siemens PLC. I can read each PLC from an OpenVPN client, but the communication isn't working from RUTs LAN to LAN.  I plug my laptop under each router, and no ping reaches the other LAN PLC.
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you share with us a screenshot of your firewall configuration before the "Failed to edit configuration" message appears? The attached file above only contains the segment of modifying firewall zones in the tutorial.

Regards,

Janmiguel

3 Answers

+2 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

About this issue, I would suggest you to test if RUT1 can reach or has a communication with PLC2. Also, what port is your PLC listening to? Please try configuring a portforwarding rule in RUT2. For more information, click HERE.

Regards,

Janmiguel

Best answer
by anonymous

Hi,

I don't think it's a port issues... 

From the OpenVPN client, we can reach each device behind each router (RUT1 and RUT2). Access work with ping and automation software. See next picture:

From OpenVPN client everything works. Ping to both LAN device behind each router "RUT1" and RUT2. Communication also works with software.

From the console "CLI" of each router we can ping device at the other RUT LAN. Ping from RUT1 "CLI" reach RUT2 LAN device and Ping from RUT2 "CLI" reach RUT1 LAN device. See both picture.

But when I plug my laptop into the LAN of any router, I can't reach the other routers or is LAN. 

by anonymous
I've tried to set port forward 102 (Siemens PLC port) from VPN interface to the specific device (PLC). I've try to connect using telnat and it failed.

When I tracert to the other device, it's stopped at the router local IP.
by anonymous

Good Day,

We also need to forward rms in 'LAN Zone'. To do that, in Firewall -> General Settings -> under Zones, click the pencil icon of 'LAN'.  Then add rms in 'Allow forward to destination zones'. Kindly refer to the image below. 

by anonymous
Yes that was the missing part. It's working since I've added the RMS to the firewall rules.
0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Could you share with us a screenshot of your firewall configuration before the "Failed to edit configuration" message appears? The attached file above only contains the segment of modifying firewall zones in the tutorial.

Regards,
Janmiguel

0 votes
by anonymous
I've added several pictures of the firewall rules. Even after doing a factory default and updating to the latest RUT240 firmware, the error message still pop up.