FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
314 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Hello, I'm using RUT240 router for remote RMS connection with Siemens KTP panel. I Created RMS hub by this video. Everything went well, I detected my panel by automatic search and I cuold ping my device. Also I can connect my panel with VNC program (for VNC panel using 5900 port). But I cannot connect my panel with TIA Portal (Siemens programing software), TIA Portal using these ports: 2308, 5001, 5002, 1033 (use different ones for different task). Maybe some of these ports are closed somehow ? Also if I try connect localy to panel through Wifi (panel inserted in RUT240 LAN) I have same problem, if PC connecten in LAN port by cable everything is working. How can I solve this ? I will appreciate your help. 

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

According to your description, the connectivity works. The issue arises only when using TIA portal software.

According to information on the web, it seems that TIA portal works on layer 2 of the OSI model. What this means is that if you wish to reach your   KTP panel remotely via VPN using TIA portal software, you will need to use a VPN which is capable to operate at layer 2. For example, OpenVPN in TAP mode.

Unfortunately, the RMS VPN Hub does not support TAP mode currently, so you will not be able to reach your Panel via TIA portal using RMS VPN Hubs.

Also, it seems that you need to select an adapter to use when connecting to your KTP panel. When you are trying to connect via Wi-Fi, you need to select the Wi-Fi adapter in TIA portal settings.

I have never used TIA Portal and it is not Teltonika's product, so I cannot really help you with this case.  I will send you a private message though.

Kind Regards,

Andzej
Best answer