FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
273 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Hi

I have a brand new TRB140, powered on with a working SIM-card. I'm unable to get it to register with RMS.

The "new" procedure released today indicates I do not have to update the default password. I should be able to register it as per usual.

I used "admin01" as device password in RMS onboarding as I can't find anything else on the device or package.

How to proceed? The device is listed as offline in RMS with some random MAC and blank IMEI (I only entered IMEI and no mac upon registration).

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like you to send the serial number of the device. I would ask to look at it.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Sure, it's 6000130903.

Thank you
by anonymous
Based on the data from the serial number, the device should have a unique password and it should be on the bottom engraving/labeling. Device's unique default password information can also be retrieved by scanning the QR code on the device.

If this data is not present, please contact your reseller or Teltonika sales representative.

Best regards,
by anonymous

ZygimantasBliu -

Thank you. I agree, that's what concluded - unfortunately this is not the case.

The top/front has defaults printed:

The bottom/back has Serial, Batch no, IMEI and MAC. Same data in the QR, no password available other then admin01:

Please advise on how to proceed or how to reach Teltonika support/sales rep. We're only about 20 devices right now but looking to onboard a lot more in the future, more then happy to pay for support.

Andreas

by anonymous
Are you able to login to the gateway's web interface using default credentials, when connected to the computer, as the printed details should be correct?
by anonymous
I'm not sure - our process is built around onboarding "remotely" through RMS. I will try to get a local connection on the device and see if those credentials work there.

Andreas
by anonymous

OK, I have the device successfully registered with RMS now. I had to login locally (with the default password) and was prompted to change it. Once changed the device immediately appeared online in RMS. Note that I never gave RMS the new password, just the default admin01.

While I'm very happy to have resolved this, I'm still confused:

1. As of yesterday (March 21) this flow is supposedly not required anymore. However, in my case I did indeed have to change the password locally first. 
  2. According to the documentation, this TRB140 batch (57) should come with a custom password rather than the default - clearly this one did not. I personally don't care about this, but I care about knowing what to expect.
Andreas