FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
123 views 1 comments
by anonymous
This is a question regarding the type of SIM that can be used in an RUT950 (or any other Teltonika router).

I need an RUT950 to connect to a remote OpenVpn server to establish a VPN link and also to operate with the Teltonika RMS service. All communications to the router will be via the OpenVpn or RMS connection.

Can a standard mobile pay as you go SIM card be used or is it essential to use a M2M Sim card with Public IP address?

Thanks.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hi,

If the remote OpenVPN server has a public IP, you only need a normal SIM with your RUT950 and to connect to RMS. For more information about SIM Card Compatibility, click HERE.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Janmiguel

Best answer
by anonymous

Thanks for the response. I've fitted the monthly contract Tescos SIM card from my mobile phone into an RUT950 with RUT9XX_R_00.06.09.2 firmware and can confirm that the OpenVpn connection was established.