FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
412 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I updated the firmware to last version of the RUT955 (RUT9_R_00.07.04).
Since then, I cannot connect to RMS, I always get "Network is unreachable" error.
I tried switching the RMS hostname, the direct IP, switching the DNS, pinging the server, etc.

I have no clue.
I provided the troubleshoot files.

Thanks!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The device did not make any attempts to connect to RMS for the last two days.

Based on the logs, I assume, that you have updated from the the legacy firmware version and kept the configuration, as there are various configuration options migrated from it.

The main thing you could try is resetting your device to factory default settings (in router's WebUI go to System -> Backup -> Restore default settings).

A couple of other things you can try:

Login to the device via SSH and execute the following command:

• /etc/init.d/rms_mqtt restart 

If possible, you try reinitiating connection to RMS by sending SMS to the device with the following syntax:

• <router_password> rms_connect

Replace <router_password> with the password used to login to router's WebUI.

Lastly, could you unregister the device from router's WebUI Services -> Cloud solutions -> RMS and readd the device again?

Best regards,

Best answer
by anonymous
Thanks, resetting to factory default worked, but I hope we won't have to do this after every firmware upgrade :-(