FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
372 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hello.
We need to read operator, connection type and signal strength from login page.
Is it possible to restore this option on the new firmware, as it was on the older firmware??

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

May I know which device you are currently using?

Regards,

Janmiguel
by anonymous

We use many devices, mainly RUT240, RUT950, RUT951.

We will be using RUT241 in the future.

by anonymous

Hi,

To read the following parameters (Operator, Connection Type, Signal Strength) Click on Status -> Network. Operator and Network Type is under "Connection" while Signal Strength is under "Data Transmission". It is still available on the latest firmware.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Janmiguel

0 votes
by anonymous

That's not what I'm talking about.
I need to see the signal strength, operator and connection type without logging into the device, as in the older firmware.

by anonymous
Hi,

Apologies for the delayed feedback. This option is on the list of features to add but at the moment, I can't provide any timeframe for that. Thank you for your kind consideration.

Regards,

Janmiguel
0 votes
by anonymous
Thank you for your answer.
We are waiting for the firmware update, we really care about it.
Currently on RUT240 and RUT950 I am downgrading the firmware to an older version.
by anonymous

Impatiently waiting for the very same signal information. That was available with older images (for RUT 230 and 240), where I was able to extract it from the login page using Python and bs4. Why was that information now deemed unnecessary?

Of course, this signal level information could be available in an even easier way, than by forced html parsing. A better way to give this information would be a number as a response to GET query, like http://192.168.1.1?signal or something like this.

So far Teltonika has put most of the interfacing related development effort on GUI, used by humans. But the routers are not approached by humans after the connectivity provisioning any more. From that point on the users are other devices, needing the connectivity and related information - the simpler, the better.