FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
11,372 views 6 comments
by

I have no internet acces (Failure (Error: Failed to resolve hostname.) on a RUT850

what do I have to do to solve this?

by
I have the same issue - bought a new RUT-950 (already have one elsewhere).  Have upgraded to latest FW; tried two different SIM cards - issue is the same.
by
RUT240 mobile connection setup for wan, physical wan port not connected, no load balancing configured in Network > WAN.
DynDNS and RMS both failed to resolve hostname.
Deleted the load balancing rules out of the configuration and dns name resolution started working again.
DynDNS and RMS both starting working because the RUT240 was able to resolve fqdn hostnames.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Can you please send us a troubleshoot file (System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot) when issue  reappears. Furthermore have you tested latest FW with other SIM cards? Or it only has issue with this one SIM card? Troubleshoot file please PM me.
by
Hello,

I also have the same problem, how did you guys fix this?

Kind regards
by anonymous
Hello,

Can you please tell us more about the issue? Or it is the same, that you do not have internet access with the RUT850? If so, can you please PM me a troubleshoot file of the device and a detail description of your issue?

Information how to get troubleshoot file from the device is provided in previous comment.
0 votes
by
Hi. I have the same problem and the error message is "Failure. (Error: Device is not registered in RMS. Please login to RMS.teltonika.lt and add this device to your account device list."

But I'm not an RMS customer and do not have an account. Anyone have a solution?
by anonymous

Hi,

Disable RMS monitoring in router WebUI: System -> Administration -> RMS.

Or if you want to use RMS, then create account in RMS and add your device: https://rms.teltonika.lt/register

by
Hi. Could it be to wrong WAN configuration?

I disabled WAN failover - I have no "back up" connection and now it seems to work fine again.