FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
71 views 0 comments
by anonymous

I have a set of Teltonika RUT240 each with a mobile SIM and each with an IP in a private network. I have the main RUT connected to a server with the Local IP 192.168.0.20 and from this server RUT I have to connect to the other RUT240s with their Private IP. I need to know if I need a configuration in the RUT240 to connect with the other RUT240 in my private network. Private Network Example: RUT240 Server IP: 10.203.1.12 Remote IP RUT240: 10.203.97.98

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Can you give me more information about your solution? 

When you put your SIM card into the device, is the mobile interface up and running in the Network -> Interfaces section (mob1s1a1)? Did the device receive an IP address within your private network range? Can you confirm if you are able to ping other RUT240 devices from your main RUT240? You can perform this check either via CLI/SSH or through the WebUI (System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot -> Diagnostics page offers an option to ping IP addresses).

I assume that since you are using a private network, you are able to ping all other routers from your device. Is that correct?

It seems like you are trying to access LAN networks of other RUT240 devices. If that is the case, there are a few ways to achieve this. Some options include:

• Configuring port forwarding to redirect traffic to the device in the LAN when you connect to one of your RUT240 devices.
  • Setting up a VPN server and multiple VPN clients. For example, using OpenVPN you can associate each client with their respective LAN networks. This will enable you to access the LAN network of the RUT240 via the VPN tunnel.
  • Configuring static routes to each LAN network using their corresponding SIM IP addresses as gateways.
  • If there is only one device behind each RUT240, you can configure the RUT240 in bridge mode. This will disable most of the RUT240's features and allow the router to pass its SIM IP address to the device in the LAN.

Kind Regards,

Andzej