FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
120 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hey everybody,

i'm using an RUTXR1 to access to a OpenVPN Server over the WAN.
The VPN is working fine and i can access other Teltonika Routers WebUI which are in the VPN Network.

Now i have the need of forwarding some ports to a computer on the LAN side.

My goal is to access the ports 5000, 50000-50050 of my computer in the 192.168.1.0/24 LAN network.

No the problem:
Until i configure the Port Forwarding in the Firewall Settings i can not access to the Routers WebUI over the VPN. If i disable the forwardings everyting works fine and i can access the routers WebUI.

Attached my network and the port forwarding setting:

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a specific reason why you are not pushing your LAN network to the other side of the tunnel?

To set up a port forwarding rule, you will need to choose which ports to forward. In your situation, the OpenVPN zone will be the source zone, and the LAN zone will be the internal zone. To set up the rule, select the external ports as '50000-50050' (with the hyphen between them). This will ensure that the port forwarding only occurs when you connect to those specific ports. Other ports, such as port 80 used by the WebUI of the router, will not be forwarded, and you will still be able to access your RUT device.

Kind Regards,

Andzej
by anonymous
How can i push the whole Network to the VPN? If i do it i must ensure that every other client/router have a different LAN Network such 192.168.1.0 and 192.168.2.0?

I tried this Port forwarding Which are you describing, but i cannot Access the webui
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you please show the port forwarding rule that you have configured?

Indeed, if you have OpenVPN configured in TUN mode, the subnets need to be different. TAP mode is used to interconnect sites with the same LAN network. This essentially means that the devices are logically in one network and need to have different IP addresses.

Kind Regards,

Andzej