FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
216 views 8 comments
by anonymous
Hello, I'm having problems connecting to the mobile network with my RUTX14. It was working fine until 10 days ago it stopped connecting to the network. From the internal settings it is possible to see that it identifies the carrier but still does not establish a connection.

I attach the troubleshooting file.

It currently has the most recent firmware, but I've tried previous versions and nothing. I've already reset a few times with the factory version and tried to find answers on the Teltonika forums during these 10 days, but nothing worked.

I don't know what else to do to get it to connect to the mobile internet again. Please if you can help me it will be of great value.

If you have any questions or need any information just let me know.

Thank you very much, have a great week!

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

Have you tried using manual APN setting instead of auto in Network -> Interfaces -> General -> [mob1s1a1] settings?

Is 'zap.vivo.com.br' the actual APN used by your provider?

Could you insert the SIM to a smartphone to confirm it is able to establish data connection?

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hi ZygimantasBliu, thank you very much for the message.

Unfortunately, this procedure did not work. I did the manual APN configuration but the modem still the same. No connection.

I've tried using the SIM chip on my cell phone and it works normally. I also put other SIM chips that work in the cell phone (all from the Vivo provider) but that the modem cannot reach the connection.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you very much.
by anonymous

Hello,

I have forwarded the issue for the developers to look into.

Once I have an update, I will share it with you.

In the meantime, could you try the following:

  • Login to router's WebUI, navigate to Network -> Interfaces -> General. Edit mobile interface settings, in the configuration window set PDP type option to IPv4/IPv6.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Could you check the following:

  • Insert the SIM into mobile, check the configuration it is using, particularly APN value, and try the same setting on the router. 

  • Login to router's WebUI, navigate to Network -> Mobile -> Network operators, set Connection mode to Manual and scan for operators. Share the results.

  • Can you confirm that the data connection on the phone was from the mobile and not WiFi connection?

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hello!

Yes I already tried all of the above options:

1. I used the settings indicated by the Vivo carrier in the APN settings. On my iPhone I couldn't see all the necessary information, so I contacted the carrier and they gave me:

• Name: Vivo ZAP

• APN: zap.vivo.com.br

• Proxy: Not defined

• Port: Not defined

• Username: vivo

• Password: vivo

• Server: Not defined

• MMSC: Not defined

• MMS proxy: Not defined

• MMS port: Not defined

• MCC: 724

• MNC: leave as is

• Authentication type: PAP

• APN type: default, supl

2. I've already tried to scan the operators here, what appears is:

VIVO

CLARO

TIM

Which are carriers in Brazil, with service where I am.

3. I guarantee the chip is working, I'm using it at the moment in another modem, in a hotel room because unfortunately I'm not able to use my Rutx14 router to work in my mobile office, so I had to improvise and rent a room $$$.
 

If there's anything else I can do, please let me know. Thanks.
by anonymous

Hello,

You have mentioned that the device was working before. Did you make any configuration changes or have updated firmware, or did it just stop working randomly?

Could you login to the router via CLI/SSH (for instructions, on how to do it, refer here) and execute the following command:

  • gsmctl -A 'AT+CGATT?'

If it returns the reply below:

  • +CGATT: 0
Execute the following command:
  • gsmctl -A 'AT+CGATT=1'
And check, if it makes any difference. 
Otherwise, we could try updating modem's firmware. I would send you instructions of the procedure.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hello again! Thank you very much for sending the information.



I did as instructed and got the error message. Is there anything else I can do? Would you know why it is not possible to change this parameter? About the first question, yes, it was a random problem. The modem worked fine for me for about 6 months, but it suddenly stopped working. I've the latest firmare installed which is the RUTX R 00.07.04.1. If was necessary I can install another version too. Let me know.

This is the message I received:





root@Teltonika-RUTX14:~# gsmctl -A 'AT+CGATT?'
+CGATT: 0
root@Teltonika-RUTX14:~# gsmctl -A 'AT+CGATT=1'
ERROR

 

 

 

by anonymous
I'm sorry for the last message, I think the text formatting was misconfigured. If there is any doubt just let me know.

One thing I haven't mentioned yet is the modem's light-on pattern, which I think is a little odd.

Since we started having connection problems, the only light on the chip is the 3G light, even though we are in a 4G coverage area. It flashes slowly, 4G does not light up.

The signal strength lights are fixed on 2 (of 3) bars.

No lights on SIM1 SIM2 WIFI ETH, in the WAN field.

Below, the POWER, WIFI 2.4 and 5 lights are permanently on.

If possible, I can send photos and videos of this standard, as well as the modem's operating system.
by anonymous
Since the module can't connect to LTE network, it stays only on 3G, thus LED indicators work correctly.

I have sent you instructions in a private message on how to update modem's firmware. Please try that.

Best regards,