FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
129 views 1 comments
by anonymous
On my LAN interfaces, I've noticed that I'm no longer able to add multiple IP's with option 6 under DHCP Advanced Settings.  I was able to do this under versions prior to 7.03.  When it was working, I was able to add multiple IP's in the 192.168.1.40,1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8 format.  On the newer firmware's it's throwing a cannot write configuration error and only accepting the first IP in the range that was entered.

Anybody else seeing this?
by anonymous

I'm using the latest  RUTX_R_00.07.04 and tried this and it didn't take either. I've got multiple option 6's in there but I generally do one per line and can confirm that works.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

It seems like this is only a bug in the visual representation in the WebUI, as multiple DNS servers get pushed when using multiple IPs in one option (e.g. 6,192.168.1.40,1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8):

However, it seems like the DNS servers not shown in the WebUI need to be removed using the command line. To change an already existing DHCP entry, use these commands:

uci set dhcp.lan.dhcp_option='6,192.168.1.40,1.1.1.1,8.8.8.8'

uci commit dhcp

/etc/init.d/dhcp restart

Then, either renew the DHCP lease on your devices or simply reboot the router. Command /etc/init.d/network restart should also work.

As for using separate lines for each DHCP option, I don't believe this should work but I will ask the RnD team.

This bug will be reported to our RnD, thank you for letting us know!

Best regards,
DaumantasG