FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
157 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I have a RUT XR1 running firmware 7.03.3 with SFP WAN port configured as LAN.

It happens now from time to time that this port stops to work, so the other end device doesn't respond anymore.

The only way to recover it that to reboot the router. From the log I've extracted this part:

Mon Mar 27 16:04:35 2023 kern.notice Port link state of port LAN3 changed to UP

Mon Mar 27 16:04:35 2023 kern.notice Port speed for port LAN3 changed to 1000 baseT

Mon Mar 27 16:04:43 2023 kern.notice Port link state of port LAN3 changed to DOWN

Mon Mar 27 16:04:46 2023 kern.notice Port link state of port LAN3 changed to UP

Mon Mar 27 16:04:46 2023 kern.notice Port speed for port LAN3 changed to 1000 baseT

Mon Mar 27 16:10:31 2023 kern.notice Port link state of port LAN3 changed to DOWN

Mon Mar 27 16:10:33 2023 kern.notice Port link state of port LAN3 changed to UP

Mon Mar 27 16:10:33 2023 kern.notice Port speed for port LAN3 changed to 10 baseT

Mon Mar 27 16:10:39 2023 kern.notice Port link state of port LAN3 changed to DOWN

where it seems that the SFP port is trying to negotiate port speed down to 10 base T unsuccessfully.

Can you please help me addressing this problem?

Thanks

Kind regards

5 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Does the issue happen to some specific SFP transceivers or maybe you have tested with some others as well?

How frequently does the port become unavailable?

Have you noticed any related events, changes in configuration or is this malfunction rather random?

I would also like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

0 votes
by anonymous
I all,

It happens with Planet type SFP we have always used. Never tried with different type.

It appears that the port become unavaible only when a Client PC connected on one of the LAN port is trying to access an NVR on the SFP side of the router.

If I try with the same software to connect to the NVR from the LTE WAN it doesn't create any problem.

Anyway I'll try to obtain the troubleshoot file once on the customer premises.

Regards
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Here below you can find screenshot of the message I'm getting generating Troubleshoot file. After a while it logs out to login page. No way to export the file.

by anonymous

As an alternative to generate the file, login to the router via SSH and do the following:

1. Execute the command: troubleshoot.sh
  2. Wait a minute for the troubleshoot to generate (do not mind the errors).
  3. Use WinSCP/scp (for instructions refer here) or similar tool to download troubleshoot.tar.gz file from the router's /tmp/ directory.

Otherwise, if that fails, could you generate a backup of your current configuration (System -> Backup -> Backup configuration -> Download), reset the device to factory defaults (in the same System -> Backup page) and try again?

Also, what should the speed be set on SFP port?

Best regards,

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

please find another error message generated from the troubleshoot.sh command in CLI. Anyway we have removed the SFP adapter and used an external Ethernet/fiber adapter to solve the issue since we can't investigate more the root cause.

You mention th SFP speed port but how can I change it? From the GUI there is no possibility. Anyway it should auto set to 1000.

Regards

by anonymous

This is a rather unusual issue, a troubleshoot script should be available in every firmware version of any device.

Would it be possible to get an output of SSH command dmesg, next time the issue occurred, while it is present?

I would assume, that ethernet port works without issue?

Best regards,

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello, please find attached the file you request.
Actually, despite the errore message I get in troubleshoot, I was been able to download it with WinSCP and it is attached as well.
Now the fiber converter is connected to LAN port 4 and WAN port is configured again as WAN and not more as LAN.
Regards