FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
182 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I just upgaded 2 RUT955 to the latest firmware - Rut9_R_00.07.04.01 - via RMS

All settings were erased during the updgrade even though I selected to keep the configuration.

I have started rebuilding the routers and tried use existing configuration but it has an error saying there is not enought space

I also tried to install packages on the web UI and it fails (not enough space)

tried installing package on the command line and I get the following error: verify_pkg_installable: Only have 0kb available on filesystem /overlay

I have 27gb on SD card available.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

What was the previous firmware version you had installed? The shortage of space and erased configuration might be a result of improper migration between firmware versions, if the difference was higher that two or three iterations.

Could you login to the router via CLI/SSH and provide the output of the following command:

• du /overlay/

Also, do you have Storage expansion option enabled in Services -> USB tools -> Storage memory expansion page? As it is necessary, in order to use the extra memory to install additional software packages.

For further instructions, please refer here.

Best regards,

by anonymous
I have discovered that using  Rut9_R_00.07.04.01 that when you set an SD card to extended memory, the router formats the SD card, reboots, resets the configuration to factory default (and doesnt actually enable extending memory).

Works fine on Rut9_R_00.07.03.04 though.
by anonymous

I had no issue to use SD card as a memory extension on 7.04.1.

Could you replicate your configuration on 7.04.1, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. Attach a troubleshoot file to your question by editing it. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Attached files are private and visible only to Teltonika Moderators.

Best regards,