FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
380 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Configured TRB143 to read mbus slave device, have run the test and can see the values returned in xml and the hex however its not clear from the documentation how I can then use this data. The concept is to get a read from the device every 20 seconds and send to our cloud mqtt broker using "Data to Server" service. We have used the mqtt section for modbus tcp on other devices so I know this mqtt configuration is ok. Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

After successfully configuring the M-Bus slave, you will need to:

• Navigate to Services → Data to Server;
  • Create a new instance;
  • Enable the instance;
  • Data source: M-bus;
  • Protocol: Select the protocol you'd like to send the data over;
  • Specify the JSON format, that you would like to send the data in. If you only need the data from the slave device, then simply type %x.
  • In the rest of the settings specify the connection parameters to your selected protocol.
  • Period: 20 (make sure the same is set on M-bus master. This way both services will work in sync);
We also have a configuration example for a similar setup here.

Let me know if any additional information is needed!

Best regards,
DaumantasG 

Best answer
by anonymous
Absolutely brilliant, thanks DaumantasG changing the period to match has worked!