FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
115 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hello, I have an old TRB140 on a client site and I wish to add it to RMS (as I've done with other devices recently) without going physically on site.

The modem is connected via GSM and has internet connection but has no public IP, so i can't telnet/http directly to it. The problem is that I don't have the serial and IMEI of the device.

I can send SMS and the device replies, so with the "monitoring_status" command I obtained serial and MAC, which would be enough for a RUT series, but not for a TRB series since for adding a TRB series device the portal asks me serial and IMEI.

Is there any way for obtaining the IMEI without going physically there and connecting via LAN?

Thanks for the help.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

To enable RMS on the device, you can send the following command, just replace 'admin01' with your TRB password:

• admin01 rms_on

Now, it seems that you do not have the device added to RMS, so you need IMEI number to add it. Sadly, you cannot obtain IMEI number from via preexisting rules. However, you can create your own SMS rule and obtain its IMEI then. To create this rule, send the following SMS commands to the device, just replace 'admin01' with your TRB password:

• admin01 uci add sms_utils rule
  • admin01 uci set sms_utils.@rule[-1].action=send_status
  • admin01 uci set sms_utils.@rule[-1].smstext=getimei
  • admin01 uci set sms_utils.@rule[-1].authorization=password
  • admin01 uci set sms_utils.@rule[-1].allowed_phone=all
  • admin01 uci set sms_utils.@rule[-1].message=Routerimei%ie;
  • admin01 uci set sms_utils.@rule[-1].to_other_phone=0
  • admin01uci set sms_utils.@rule[-1].enabled=1

Then send SMS to get the imei:

• admin01 getimei

Kind Regards,

Andzej