FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
226 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Hello Support,

since the end of March 2023 I have received dozens of emails from the Crowd Support Forum (pls. refer attachment). This is rather annoying and I wonder about the background.

However, I took the opportunity to have a quick look at all the issues about RUT955, RUT956 and RUTX50. It was interesting that several cases were reported that described the unstable connectivity over the mobile connection (mob1s1a1 and mob1s2a1). I also reported this error for my RUT955 at the end of December 2022 and substantiated it with the systematic execution of test cases; the error is still in progress (FW 07.04.01). Guys, what's up with you?

BR Guenther

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for notifying us of the issue with the emails. I've reached out to the site administrators and they will look into what could be done to minimize the number of emails coming in. Could you also attach the contents of any email from the screenshot? This way we can figure out their origin.

Regarding the mobile connection issues, usually, these are isolated cases and the issue gets resolved. This mostly happens because there are thousands of different mobile carriers all around the world, each of them using different technologies and standards. With mobile technologies changing rapidly, it's hard to avoid any issues. However, these issues are usually avoided by updating to the latest firmware version, and in some edge cases, the modem firmware.

I'll let you know when we have some updates regarding the email issue.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous

Hello Daumantas,

thanks for your answer.

Concerning emails from Teltonika's Crowd Support Forum meanwhile I have about 100 of them. So I cannot give you hints about all their origin - sorry.

Regarding mobile connection, I have installed both the latest modem firmware and the latest router firmware. I am switching between Vodafon in Germany and SALT in Switzerland; I do not think that I'm in a very dark edge of the world of mobile carriers.
Since updating to router firmware 7.x I have encountered strange behavior elsewhere:

• sometimes error 404 when using the website
  • messages about error reports that cannot be loaded
  • blacklist whitelist problems (your colleague advised against using this feature)

In addition, take a look at the noteworthy list in the changelog of version 7.04.

I would be glad if you let me know when the mobile connection problem is solved.

Thanks for your support.

BR Guenther

by anonymous

Hello,

Regarding the emails, we have contacted this forum's developers and are looking for the most appropriate solution to your issue.

As for the issues with your device:

• The 404 page is not supposed to appear if everything is functioning normally. It could happen if for example the integrated modem gets disconnected, or you manually enter an invalid URL. As I can see, my colleague is currently investigating this issue. I've forwarded him the information that you are sometimes getting the 404 page, as that could be a part of the issue.
  • As for the carrier whitelist/blacklist, could you attach a URL to where this issue was mentioned? I do not recall this being an issue, so I'd like to double check, perhaps the issue got addressed.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Good morning Daumantas,

thanks for your answer.

I just tried again to provoke these error messages. It worked: after a soft reboot and a long wait until the "Status > Overview" page was filled with data (CPU load 100%), the error message "Failed to load system events" came up, which then immediately disappeared.

So we have a bunch of different error messages, the cause for me is completely unclear.

Concerning error 404 and "entering manually an invalid URL" we can exclude this case! I prefer the "disconnected modem" idea because it addresses the problem I'm having with the SIM switch (refer to another issue in CSF under my account).

Concerning "carrier whitelist/blacklist" I will come back to you with the URL today evening.

Thanks, BR

Guenther
by anonymous
Good evening Daumantas,

unfortunately, I couldn't find your colleague's statement. It read something like: "Currently it is not recommended to use the blacklist/whitelist feature". Here's the URL from another customer who seems to be having an issue with it as well; his issue seems to be still open, since no more answers came from Teltonika.

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/50412/blacklist-operator-feature-dont-work?show=50412#q50412

Thanks and BR

Guenther
by anonymous
Hello,

The firmware the customer in the linked case is using is very old now. There should not be any issues regarding the operator whitelist in v7.4.1 of RutOS. Could you describe this issue in more depth? Does the device ignore the whitelist? Or does it refuse to connect to one of the operators?

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
Hello Daumantas,

concerning the actual request regarding the emails from the Crowd Support Forum, I can say that these are no longer being sent. That's why I set the issue to "solved" in the headline.

However, it was very interesting to read all the reports about firmware errors. If you put this together with all the points from the ChangeLog in the firmware download area, you start to ponder the current and past firmware quality of the Teltonika RUTOS.

I have my RUT955 now on my desk since half a year - testing, firmware updating, testing ... The original idea was just to use this router in my mobile home.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards Guenther
by anonymous
Hello,

The v7.3 firmware included quite a few changes to the existing modules and logic of RutOS. While this did introduce a few bugs, I would not say that there were many of them. v7.4 addressed quite a few of these issues, and even more are coming, as these releases are primarily targeted at improving the existing features, rather than adding more of them.

If you experience any further issues, please create a separate thread, and we can investigate it there.

Best regards,
DaumantasG