FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
148 views 2 comments
by anonymous
A pretty simple problem or so I  though. All I am trying to do is connect my Rutx11 to my home modem router (BT home hub) over Wi-Fi to share the homes internet connection. I can add the wireless connection and in interfaces it shows as running however no internet connection is passed through to the Rutx11. If I simply hardwire them both together this works seamlessly. Interestingly after adding the interface, the Rutx11 becomes very unstable where by it often drops either 2.4 or 5G connections or simply crashes requiring a hard reset. Please help

As it it’s driving me crazy! Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

First, may I know what firmware version your router has? 

Before configuring the router to be on Wireless client mode. It is important to change its LAN IP address different from your home router to avoid the conflict of their IP addresses.

To do this:

1. Login to the WebUi of your router
  2. On the WebUI, change to "Advanced Mode" by clicking the "Basic" on the top right of your screen in case your router is on Basic Mode.
  3. Navigate to Network -> Interfaces -> General
  4. Edit the LAN interface by clicking the Pencil icon.
  5. Change the IPv4 Address of RUTX11, (e.g 192.168.2.1) as long as it's different from the LAN IP of your home router.
  6. Change the Start and End IP of the DHCP server based on the configured LAN IP.
  7. Save & Apply.

After configuring the LAN IP, kindly configure your router to connect to your home router via WiFi. You can check this link (RUTX11 Client Mode) for your guide.

Let me know the results.

Best regards,

Robert

by anonymous
The Rutx11 is on the latest firmware.

To clarify, the Rutx is on the original 192.168.1.1 and the home modem router is 192.168.1.254, is this ok?
by anonymous
Hello,

I'd recommend changing the RUTX11 LAN IP to avoid IP conflict. Since the WiFi AP of the RUTX11 is attached to its LAN network, it's important to change it - a different subnet to the home modem router.

Let me know the results.

Best regards,

Robert