FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
109 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I have this problem with a couple of our RUT240 modems. This is with a clean installation of the legacy firmware 1.14.6
Whenever I log in to the modem it will show the default screen (Status > Overview) for a couple of seconds and before anything loads it sends me back to the login screen.

If I quickly go to another page before this happens I will still be redirected to the login page, but after logging in it will send me to the page successfully. When I then want to go to another page it will first show me a login page again.

The problem with this is that restoring a configuration backup is not possible because it will not start uploading but only going back to login page constantly.

I'm about to send a couple modems having this problem back, I have also tried reinstalling the firmware, which will sometimes fix it but the problems arises again after a little while.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you try firmware update via bootloader menu, as instructed here?

Also, are you able to login to the device via SSH?

If you can, I would like you to generate and attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then login to the device via SSH, execute the command below (do not mind possible errors):

• troubleshoot.sh

Download WinSCP. Login to the device using the downloaded application as instructed here. Navigate to /tmp directory. Find and copy troubleshoot file to your computer and attach the file by editing your original question.

The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

by anonymous
I have added the troubleshoot file to the original question. I have updated the firmware multiple times using the bootloader menu, but without success.
by anonymous
Hello,

I see nothing, which might be causing continuous logouts from the web interface.

Have you tried using a different browser, browser's incognito mode or clearing browser's cache.

Also, do you have any specific reason to use legacy firmware and not current RutOS? Have you tried it and does the same behavior occur on it as well?

Best regards,
by anonymous
Hello,

I tried another browser, now it's working normally.
It's just weird that out of a 100 modems only a few have this same behavior (like 5-6). With RutOS I've never had any behavior like this.
As for the using of legacy firmware instead of RutOS, we are still updating our modems to RutOS when I encountered this problem and wanted to make sure it wasn't a hardware defect or something like that.