FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
392 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I just upgrading the latest firmware RUTX_R_00.07.04.1 for RUTX50 and attached Quectel USB modem EP06 to USB connector. Nothing happen. No status of modem in System. It not like just previous version. Please advise how to configure new USB modem in latest firmware.

The USB Modem is Quectel EP06 and the firmware version is EP06ELAR03A08M4G. Attached is the troubleshoot file for your reference.

Thank you for your support.

by anonymous

Thank you for the files.

Could you explain the procedure of generating the files:

• The USB_Detached file shows two modems being initialized during boot and one of the modems gets detached at the end of the logs. Was the USB modem connected, when the device was powered on and was it later detached?
  • The USB_Attached file shows the reverse. Was the device powered on without the external modem and was it attached later?

Also, would it be possible to get another file from RUTX50 with a different firmware version, where the modem gets seen in Status -> System page?

Best regards,

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you tell, what was the firmware version working with the external modem?

Also, if possible, could you attach a couple of troubleshoot files:  

• One from the device with RUTX_R_00.07.04.1 firmware, generated while the USB modem attached;
  • Another file from the version, where the USB modem gets detected and is working, while it is attached.

To generate the file, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. Attach the files by editing your question.

The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hi, thanks for the supports.

The procedures for USB_Attached were both of the modems attached and power-up while the troubleshoot file generated.
FO USB_Detached, both of the modems attached and power on for a while and later detached. 
I'm still new to the Teltonika modem environment. How can I program the modem with previous firmware? WHere to get the copy of the original firmware ?
Please advise.
by anonymous

Hi,

I managed to downgrade the firmware to the original that can detect the external modem through USB, 7.02.8. The firmware able to detect my external Quectel EP06 but still for data connection state showed 'Disconnected'. What should I do to enable it?

BTW I have attached the troubleshoot file for your reference.https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=2037727226203502762

Thanks.

Rgds,

Azlan

by anonymous
I would like you to confirm, whether this modem was working with any firmware before. By working, I mean was it able to register to mobile operator and establish data connection?

I am asking, as the logs indicate that the device is not valid, and, in general, officially supported external modems include Teltonika's TRM devices and Huawei MS2131i-8, meaning that your modem might be simply not compatible.

Best regards,