FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
157 views 1 comments
by anonymous
The router is not showing the availability of a 5g Operator only 4g LTE. The same sim picks up 800mb of 5G in my phone from a tower 170 meters away. Confirmed that both router and phone are connecting to the same tower.   My phone sim when placed in the router doesn't receive 5g.  I've changed the settings, rebooted, updated the firmware to latest version but still it won't receive the 5g signal.  Please advise.
by anonymous
can you tell me which 5g operator are you using...

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you tell what is the operator of the SIM you are using?

Also, what type of 5G does your operator support: is it stand alone (SA) or non-stand alone (NSA)?

Could you check if the following has any effect in the case of: 

• 5G NSA
    • Login to the router's WbUI, navigate to Network -> Mobile -> General and check if Network type is set to 4G + 5G? This is mandatory for 5G NSA operation.
  • 5G SA
    • Login to the router's WbUI, navigate to Network -> Mobile -> General and set  Network type 5G only.

Also, make sure the router is using correct APN. For example, you can check APN your phone receives, when it has 5G SIM inserted, then enter this value in the router Network -> Interfaces -> [mobile_interface_settings] by disabling Auto APN slider button, setting APN option to --Custom-- and entering Custom APN accordingly.

If the above did not help, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,