FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
272 views 6 comments
by anonymous

Dear Teltonika-Team,

failover is working fine from WAN to Multi-AP to Sim1 to Sim2.
I see that MAIN moves and ping goes through correct IF.

But a client-device (connected to the Router-WLAN) interrupts its internet-ping when failover happens.
Reconnecting the client to Router-WLAN immediately lead to internet-access :-)

But if no reconnect is done manually, the client-device-connection still runs on failed IF and therefore no internet is available.
I tested to add "flush-connections" with connected or/and disconnect or both or none....(and did fresh start of test): issue persists.

Any help ?

Many thx, Rainer

by anonymous
How did you add "flush connections" ? Running "official" openwrt on a large fleet of RUT955s, having wan/wwan/wifiwan with auto-failover, this "flush connections" is a bit tricky to be done properly, to force the clients to reconnect. I implemented my custom mwan3.user, and it works very well.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I have done some testing with a couple of wireless clients connected to RUT955 constantly pinging 8.8.8.8, while simulating loss of various WAN sources on the router, but was unable to replicate the issue.

It would take one or more ping request timeouts during the switching of WAN interfaces, but nevertheless, pings would still continue without requiring manual client connection resets.

I did though notice that it takes slightly more timeouts till pings start going again when switching to wireless WAN, than wired or mobile interface and I did not have an environment to test Multi AP in failover configuration.

Have you noticed if client reconnection is necessary after switch to any WAN interface or maybe it is related specifically to wireless ones? Also, did you try a different order of failover interfaces, does it have an impact on connection maintenance?

Lastly, did this issue begin specifically with 7.04.1 firmware, or was it also observed with previous firmware versions?  

Best regards,
by anonymous

Thx for fast answer.

The WLAN-Client proceed to ping to 8.8.8.8, if eth1-cable is unplugged (failover is done well).

The WLAN-Client stops the ping to 8.8.8.8, if I filter/stop internet-data to eth1 (failover is done well and MAIN moved well).

I assume "Flush connections on" is ONLY working if cable is unplugged - but not if internet-traffic stops.
I would say this is a bug, since MAIN is moving well, but flush does not happen in this case.

Thx for any help,
Rainer

by anonymous
Please provide a troubleshoot file, to better understand your configuration and test it locally as well.

Best regards,
by anonymous

Hi Zygimantas,

sorry for late answer, here attached 2 troubleshootfiles:

One, BEFORE I stop the internet-traffic towards RUT and one troubleshootfile after I stopped the internet-traffic.

The MAIN is moving/failovering well (if eth1 is unplugged or if only internet-traffic is filtered) - so all is well.

Except that the connected WLAN-devices does not recognize the MAIN-move if ONLY internet-traffic is stopped/filtered (they do not re-connected, they still use eth1 to go to internet).

So looks like connection-flushing (to let reconnect WLAN-client-devices) is NOT triggered if only internet-traffic is filtered.

Thx for help,
Rainer

by anonymous
Any issue found ?

Thx, Rainer
by anonymous
Dear Teltonika Team, any news? I sent you the troubleshoot-files now 8 weeks back :-|

Many thx for your help, BR Rainer
0 votes
by anonymous
Thx, could you elaborate a bit in detail what you did with mwan3.user? Great thx.

TELTONIKA Support, I sent you the troubleshoot-files already a long time back and triggered you severals times.

That client-connections to Router-WLAN are not flushed correctly (to follow the MAIN after a failover) could be simply reproduced.

PLEASE answer on this, many thx, Rainer