FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
144 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I have the RTU950 unit and it worked fine until I had to change its place in my setup physically.

I connected an RF RG58 75cm antenna extension to all 4 Antennas.

The unit is up and running and I get all 4 signal strengths lit up (51dbm), and do not have a connection to the Internet.

All the Cellular Modem wired (WAN) and wireless are marked as working fine.

I connected a wire to the WAN port to a wall ethernet active point, and I could see sites on the CHROME browser.

I disconnect the WAN and played with the RTU950 firewall setting.

Now I do not reach websites with the WAN port connected.

Do not remember the working settings.

My SW engineer succeeded in remotely connecting to the unit and I succeeded to updated the Unit FW (new looks).

With the inside service tool (troubleshooting), I succeed to ping 8.8.8.8, I think that implies that there is a connection to the outside world.

I spent 8 hours trying to bring it alive

Any idea?   

Thanks Moshik

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

It sounds like this could be a DNS-related issue. Please navigate to Network → Interfaces → General, edit the mob1s1a1 (if SIM1 is used) interface, and under the Advanced settings, add the DNS servers manually (e.g. 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1):

If that does not help, please navigate to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and generate a troubleshoot file. This file can be attached to the original post and will only be visible to Teltonika moderators.

Best regards,
DaumantasG