FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
120 views 2 comments
by anonymous

I have a RUT950 with on SIM1 an unlimited data plan.
This unlimited data plan has a day limit of 10GB that can be extended with 2GB bundels at a time. But after extending the connection doesn’t resume. This used to work last year when I was on an earlier (?) firmware version. Now running latest: 7.04.1

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I assume, this data extension does not require any configuration from the device side? It is simply enabled by your IPS on your subscription plan?

Have you checked, if any SMS messages are sent to the device providing any additional details? SMS database can be accessed from router's WebUI Services -> Mobile utilities -> Messages page.

Does pressing Restart connection from router's WebUI Status -> Network -> Mobile page reconnect successfully?   

If yes, could you try to configure periodic pings to some remote host for connection health checks and automatically restart connection in case of disconnect? To do this, login to router's WebUI, navigate to Services -> Auto reboot -> Ping/Wget reboot. Create a new or edit existing default instance, enable it, set Action if no echo is received to Restart mobile connection, adjust other settings, if needed, otherwise, leave default values. 

Otherwise, I would like to see, what happens within the device, when the data is used and then additionally increased. Please replicate this, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

by anonymous

No, this data extension does not require any configuration from the device side. In a previous firmware version (not too long ago) it worked perfectly fine.

The subscription plan works via an app on mobile phone. Just a click to extend with 2GB. But at that moment the router already cannot send/receive data over 4G; this is normal behaviour. Yes, there is an SMS received on the router but nothing needs to be done; a reset of the device makes it work again. I did not yet test Restart connection from router's WebUI Status -> Network -> Mobile page. Can try next time but is not as it used to work before.

Will download log next time and upload here, but need a week.

by anonymous

Any news on this?
I've send the requested logging to Žygimantas quite some time ago.

Trouble is that this router is at a remote location so I cannot perform actions remotely when the data-connection is down. I visit about once a week.
Last time this happened I tried Restart connection from router's WebUI Status -> Network -> Mobile page but the data connection did not come back. Had to do a reboot (from within de WebUI).