FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
4,762 views 8 comments
by

Hi.

My LTE speed is verly slow with RUT955, can't get faster then around 20 mbit...

I downloaded the firmware from 2019-06-06.

My iphone gets 80 mbit download at the same location as the RUT955 !!!

All 4 antennas are placed optimal and correct installed.

I checked all the debug logs and dont find any errors or alot reconnections on wifi or LTE and yes its connected over LTE.

Is the RUT955 to weak to handle speeds over 20mbit LTE ?

The RUT955 got this chip installed so it should be alot better:

LTE Standard EC25

Quectel EC25 is a series of LTE Cat 4 module optimized specially for M2M and IoT applications. Adopting the 3GPP Rel. 11 LTE technology, it delivers 150Mbps downlink and 50Mbps uplink data rates. Designed in the compact and unified form factor, EC25 is compatible with Quectel UMTS/HSPA+ UC20/UC200T modules and multi-mode LTE EC2x/EG25-G module

2 Answers

+2 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

iPhone X uses Snapdragon X16 LTE Modem, which supports LTE Cat16 (up to 1 Gbps DL speed), while RUT955's modem is LTE Cat4 (up to 150 Mbps DL speed). So the two products shouldn't be compared based on LTE speed, since they're intentions of use are very different.

Also, these speeds are theoretical maximums and the real speed depends on local conditions. So the 150 Mbps speed is not just a parameter set in stone, it's just the max capability. Same way the iPhone's max capability is 1 Gbps, but in reality you get 80 Mbps.
Best answer
by

Hi.

Sorry but this answer is very poor.
Let me correct you.

If I get 80 mbit with my iphone at same spot as the boat then I should get 80mbit with the RUT955 that have a chip limit at 150Mbit even with the TCP overhead.
Please don't bull me here, I work in telecom.

I never manage to get over 20 at any location with RUT955!!!!

Yes it is possible to compare them as long as your playing with the same rules of data.

Try again to explain why I cant get more then 20Mbit with RUT955?!

by anonymous
It could be helpful if You could upload the router's Troubleshoot file. It can be downloaded from the router's WebUI, System → Administration → Troubleshoot page. Just make sure to remove any confidential info (if there is any, e.g., phone numbers, public IPs, etc.) from the router's configuration before uploading the Troubleshoot to a public forum.

However, I'm not likely to see much in the Troubleshoot regarding this issue. But seeing the cellular connection behaviour might provide some insight.

As I've mentioned before, I'm pretty sure this has to do with local conditions. For example, I get ~ 54 Mbps DL speed at my desk, while I get ~ 86 Mbps if I move it near a certain window where the operator's cell is actually visible. If I use a different operator, I get about ~ 34 Mbps. It also varies throughout the day.

I'm not saying that there's definitely no issue, but I am saying that it might prove hard to identify one in this case.
by
Hi  After some investigating I found out that the RUT955 using:  CPU: MIPS 74Kc V4.12
That is the problem!
The CPU cant handle NAT networks well and on this RUT everything goes over the CPU...

Feels sad that you put in that low end CPU. At least I now know it's a waste of money try up update antennas or waste time looking for the problem, it was made by design to use a low end slow CPU.

I think you should be clear with that info for your customers what speeds they can expect.
by anonymous

Hi,

While the CPU can limit the max speed, it certainly does not limit it to 20 Mbps. And it certainly does not change the fact that Cat 4 LTE speed is up to 150 Mbps.

Again, if You look at your iPhone's speed under real conditions, you can clearly see that it doesn't match the max speed that it is capable of. However, you get higher download speeds because of Cat6 (because it uses carrier aggregation (CA), which can combine multiple 20 MHz channels in order to achieve a higher datarate, which RUT955 cannot do).

Information about the product's features is specified here. (Including LTE category and CPU model.) You seem to be implying that the given information is misleading. Can You specify which part?

by
Hi,

With default NAT configuration, router is certainly capable of 80mbps+ download, i have tried it myself. Also be aware, that  this router has 100Mbps ethernet, and if you are using wifi, 20mhz 2.4ghz wireless max phy bitrate is 72mbps. If there are a lot of 2.4ghz wireless devices around, this will certainly reduce bitrate.
by
I like the product  even that i am unhappy with the speed of rut 955, I have now ordered the X11 with the panorama antenna (COMBO MIMO) to see the difference.

I will test the RUT955 with the new antenna and then I will test X11 when it arrive, all at the same location on my boat.
by anonymous
@hakan what was the outcome of your tests? Was the RUTX11 much faster?

Curious to see the results as i'm currently suffering the same symptoms.
by anonymous
The X11 is faster then the RUT955  I hade around 95Mbit if i remember correct.
0 votes
by
If NAT is the problem one could set in Mobile Configuration the Modus to Bridge or Passthrough. Then use an external Wifi-Router. May this help? I have the same problem. Same carrier same exact location but half the speed on the RUT955.