FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
186 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi everyone,

I am trying to connect the RUT204 as a IPSec VPN Client to my Fritz!Box 7490 (all latest firmware) to remotely monitor a section of our property. I am unable to get the VPN connection working despite attempts. The Fritz!Box has a static IP which I use to connect to.

There are several questions on this forum that describe so called "working configs" but I am not able to get them working. I have checked the system logs on the RUT. The system logs register changes I make to the IPSec definition but, despite being enabled, it does not seem to be actively reaching out to try and establish a connection.

Any help from someone who has this working would be greatly appreciated.

Martijn

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

To better understand the issue you are facing, I will ask you to replicate the issue, then navigate to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and generate a troubleshoot file. This file can be attached to the original post and will only be visible to Teltonika moderators. It will give me some more insight into your configuration and the logs.

Common mistakes in IPsec configuration include:

• Mismatched pre-shared keys/certificates;
  • Mismatch between the same phases on both devices;
  • Mismatched identifiers;
I would also recommend trying these steps:
  • If you are passing multiple subnets, try enabling the Compatibility mode in the advanced connection settings;
  • Try setting the same values on Phase 1 and Phase 2 (they should be changed on the other router as well);
Best regards,
DaumantasG