FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
111 views 1 comments
by anonymous

The problem

Changes to the reboot scheduler are not saved correctly in the background. I used to have a schedule to reboot the devices every day at 00:15, which worked fine.

Now I want to change the schedule to only one day in the week, but although I changed it in the interface, the device will just still reboot every night and show in the system events list there was a request from the reboot scheduler.

Methods I tried:

• Edit the existing schedule from all days to one day
  • Delete the existing schedule, save & apply, create a new schedule
  • Delete all schedules completely
  • Reboot after all different steps above
  • Update firmware

All these changes will show in the interface, but under the hood the device will just go on rebooting every single day.

The only option that did work is a factory reset, but I was hoping not to do that with all my (remote) routers.

Affected devices

I run into this problem on 10 different RUT240 devices, purchased between 2019-2022. I have 30 more, but didn't bother trying anymore.

All of those are on versions of the RUT2_R_00.07.X range firmware, but updating to the latest available one does not change anything.

Any ideas?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for the detailed description of your situation.

To start with, please take note that once the device is updated to the newer firmware version, without erasing all of its settings, some residual configuration and functionality aspects from the old firmware version still remain in the device, despite the fact, that it might be using a newer firmware version.

If you have indeed deployed your devices some time ago (and if that firmware version has an issue with Reboot Scheduler functional), and updated their firmware to a newer one by keeping all previous settings, that could explain why your devices are acting in this way.

Only a fresh firmware install (without keeping any previous settings) or device reset to factory default settings allows to clean residual configuration remains from older firmware versions. If during your test this issue was indeed resolved by restoring a device to its factory settings - this approach could be used on all other devices to resolve this issue on them as well.

---

If your devices have SIM cards, which are able to establish mobile data connection without an APN, you could use the RMS (Remote Management System) platform to reach and configure devices once they are reset to factory default settings (even if devices do NOT have a Public IP address).

by anonymous
I see. As the devices are from between 2019 and 2022 they have had all kinds of firmware in the meantime.

I would still say this is very clearly a bug though, as it is happening to all my devices. And, in my opinion, the reboot function is still the same so it should always be able to overwrite old configurations.

The fact it's not able to do that seems like a bug to me. Restoring 54 devices to factory settings is a bit much.