FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,427 views 2 comments
by
Hi,

RUT cannot connect to RMS saying "serial number duplicate".

I read other posts here in the forum. However, i can confirm that i never used this device anywhere before. Its brand new delivered from amazon.

I can imagine that its a re-selling product and it was registered by another company before - if so, can you please delete the old subscription ?

Else, i have a typo in the mac adress and cannot find a way where to edit the mac adress or where to delete and re-create the device.
by anonymous
Just thinking this could be a bit of a security issue:

Anyone in the supply chain will have access to MAC and serial numbers. These could be added to an RMS account. RMS enabled by default. This would then give this person remote access.

Although this is unlikely I wouldn't use the device until you have full control. Or at worst case turn RMS off and factory reset.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you PM me the serial number of you device ? Also In eed to know in which company this device will be added.
by
Hi,

many thanks for quick answer. Please see PM.